BELARUS: Krinitsa looks to Russia – report
Belarussian brewer Krinitsa is looking to move into Russia, according to reports.
The company is reportedly set to open a representative office in Moscow later this year, Prime-Tass news service said yesterday (31 July). Citing a company administration official, Tass added that the move should see Krinitsa develop a distribution network in the country.
Krinitsa hopes to start selling its beer in Russia in early 2007.
Formed in 2001, the Minsk-based company was the subject of a petition for bankruptcy from Russian brewer Baltika in 2003. Two years earlier, Baltika had agreed with the Belarus government to invest around US$50m in Krinitsa in exchange for a controlling stake in the brewery.
The Belarus government decided, however, to reduce this to a 30% stake after Baltika had already invested US$10.5m. A Minsk court refused to consider the petition.
This month's just-drinks interview is a double-header, featuring two prominent executives from major international brewing groups operating in Europe. First, Olly Wehring discusses the challenges faci...
The integration of Baltic Beverages Holding's ten Russian breweries is set to take the Baltika beer business into a new period of development, as Russia's leading brewer seeks to benefit from the effi...
Baltika has completed its long-awaited merger with three other brewers owned by the same parent company as the Russian beer maker....
Baltic Beverages Holding has made its first direct investment into Belarus with the purchase of a 30% stake in local beer maker Olivaria Brewery....
Baltika Breweries has confirmed that it will begin building a brewery in the Siberian city of Novosibirsk next year....
Baltika Breweries has insisted it has yet to make a decision on whether to set up a greenfield brewery in the Siberian city of Novosibirsk....
Yarpivo has seen its profits for the year so far soar....
Russian brewer Baltika has reported a 35% leap in net profit for the nine months to the end of September....
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region
- Diageo " knew United Spirits would be complicated”
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Bacardi creates Bacardi rum marketing role
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research