US: KPS Capital refinances North American Breweries
KPS Capital raises funds for Labatt USA owner, North American Breweries
KPS Capital Partners has raised fresh funds to pay dividends and debt at its North American Breweries arm, the owner of Labatt USA.
KPS Capital said it had raised US$145m for North American Breweries (NAB), by arranging a $25m revolving credit facility and a $120m loan. "The proceeds of the recapitalisation were used to refinance outstanding debt, to fund a $78m cash distribution to stockholders and to fund the company's continued growth," said KPS last week.
The private equity group said that it has retained 100% control of NAB stock.
In August, KPS said it would take advantage of craft beer sales growth in the US by acquiring Independent Brewers United (IBU), which owns Pyramid, Magic Hat and MacTarnahan's companies.
The list of commentators on just-drinks just keeps on growing. Earlier this week, we unveiled Ray Rowlands, who will look at soft drinks & water. Next up, we welcome Pete Brown, a renowned blogger on ...
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- The Cognac Category - Everything you need to know
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Edrington readies Americas, GTR exec switches
- High-end Cognac making recovery in China - Pernod
- "Beer and weed are complements" - analyst
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends