Kona Gold readies US hemp energy drinks
US hemp company Kona Gold Solutions has said it will release a hemp energy drink in the third quarter of this year.
The company said yesterday that it had parterned with supplier Sipp Industries to create a hemp energy drink in the US. Kona also said it was in the process of acquiring a different hemp company as it looks to expand. No further details were given.
"Kona Gold's partnership with Sipp Industries will reach beyond just providing hemp extract, and we look forward to bringing some fantastic products to the market together," said Robert Clark, Kona Gold CEO.
As well as energy drinks and energy "patches", the company aims to release hemp clothes, shampoo and set up a hydroponics division.
When the company laid out plans to produce hemp energy drinks in August last year, Clark said the products would be "100% legal". He said they would not contain THC, which is the active ingredient in cannabis.
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research