CZECH: Kofola makes further Polish acquisition
Kofola has acquired Polish soft drinks maker Hellena, according to local reports.
The Czech beverage company made the purchase earlier this week for around PLN17.2m (US$6.14m).
A Hellena spokesperson was cited by local press as saying: "Kofola was the only suitor."
Last month, Kofola announced that it is merging with its Polish counterpart Hoop. The Czech company said it will take a majority stake in the new company, which would have an annual turnover of over CZK8.6bn (US$402.5m).
Kofola produces and supplies soft drinks in central Europe. Besides the Czech Republic, the company also operates in Slovakia, Poland, and Hungary.
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Can Coca-Cola fuel SABMiller's soft drinks story?
- Is “Craft” the Next Big Thing for Soft Drinks?
- Petropolis Finally Moving into SABMiller's View?
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Diageo confirms Australia abv drops
- Pernod launches online Ballantine's "experiment"
- Global vodka sales slip in 2013 - research
- SABMiller returns to Brazil with Petropolis tie-up
- Smirnoff tops UK shopping list - figures
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018