US: Kobrand separates spirits and wine divisions
Kobrand Corp. has split its wine and spirits portfolio into two separate sales and marketing companies.
The family-owned company said on Friday (11 January), that the divisions, now named Kobrand Wines and Kobrand Spirits, have been separated to enhance the focus, attention and core strengths of the categories.
Kobrand Corp. president and CEO Charles Palombini said: "Our industry is continually confronted with seemingly endless consolidations and newly-formed alliances at the supplier level and as a result many producer/brand owners in the US market feel that they have been relegated to a secondary position.
"This 'one size fits all' approach simply does not appropriately serve the needs of so many brands, and often discourages new brand initiatives. We believe that this bold move of dividing our company will make a positive statement, reassuring long-time industry partners of Kobrand's full commitment to apply a singular focus to their brands, and more importantly, that their brands will enjoy priority status in this increasingly over-crowded marketplace."
The Kobrand spirits unit will be presided over by its vice president and director of spirits Tom Congdon, and will include brands such as Alizé, Delamain Grand Champagne Cognac, Depaz Blue Cane Amber Rhum, Café Bohême and Larressingle Armagnac.
Beam Global Spirits & Wine was the frontrunner to land Absolut vodka but was pipped at the post by Pernod Ricard. However, president and CEO Tom Flocco says the company has quickly put that disappoint...
In anticipation of the London International Wine Fair, Chris Losh has put together a few questions, touching on some of the imponderable puzzlements of the drinks industry, for visitors to mull over, ...
The director of L & L, the French company known for its Cognac-based cocktail Alizé, has been taken into police custody this week in Bordeaux....
Remy Cointreau USA has appointed Xavier Desaulles as senior vice president - sales strategy. In this role, he will be charged with organising Remy Cointreau USA's wholesaler network and implementing t...
The value of global French spirits exports increased by 3.3% in 2007 on the previous year totalling a little over EUR2.64bn, according to figures issued by the Fédération Française des Spiritueux (F...
LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton is releasing a limited edition Hennessy XO 888 gift box in the US, in time for the opening of the Beijing Olympics this summer....
Camus Cognac has set up a new regional sales office in Vietnam and reorganised its commercial team in Asia/Pacific....
Grand Marnier is set to launch a seven-figure advertising and promotional campaign next month focused on a new summer cocktail Grand Esprit....
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Category Innovations - Scotch Whisky VII
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China