US: Kobrand launches luxury coffee liqueur
Kobrand has launched a French imported premium coffee crème liqueur across the US.
The company said today (19 September) that its new liqueur, named Café Bohême, will be a blend of gourmet coffee, five times distilled French vodka, Danish crème and vanilla.
The new product will be positioned as a liqueur to be served over ice, as a low calorie dessert alternative, or used within signature cocktails with Kobrand's Depaz Blue Cane Amber Rhum, the company added.
Kobrand vice president, director of spirits Tom Congdon said: "There is no question about the country's desire for a smooth, satisfying crème liqueur that's not overly sweet or cloying. We expect that these articulated consumer preferences will make Café Bohême an instant cafe crème classic. Once the consumer tastes this delicious French-inspired product, we truly believe they will find, 'resistance is futile.'"
Café Bohême will retail for US$22 per 750ml bottle.
Kobrand's portfolio also includes Maison Louis Jadot Burgundies, St.Francis, Taittinger, Alizé, Cakebread Cellars, Taylor Fladgate Ports, Delamain Cognacs and Sassicaia.
Premium and super-premium brands have been important drivers in the growing vodka category for some time but among the key trends forecast in a recent report on the vodka market from just-drinks is th...
Central European Distribution Corporation (CEDC) has closed its acquisition of an 85% interest in Copecresto Enterprises Limited, which owns the Parliament vodka trademarks in Russia and abroad....
Taxes on alcohol in the UK have been raised markedly in today's (12 March) Budget announcement....
Gruppo Campari has unveiled a flavoured extension of its Skyy vodka brand in the US....
Russian Standard is following the global rollout of its vodka brands with a television advertising campaign in the UK....
An attack on RTDs by a political party has been dismissed by an alcohol trade body in the UK....
London Gin has gained recognition as a special quality beverage by the European Union....
Maxxium has lined up the latest flavour addition for Vin & Sprit's Absolut vodka brand for the travel retail sector....
- Are we kidding ourselves over craft spirits?
- What's behind Brown-Forman's Irish whiskey plans?
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- How good a sustainability fit are ABI and SAB?
- Interview - Heineken global activation director
- Diageo, Treasury Wine Estates quiet on wine sale
- Chandon to become "third pillar brand" for MH
- Brown-Forman silent on Southern Comfort report
- Pay freeze anger threatens Carlsberg UK site
- Stoli appoints international marketing director
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research