US: Kobrand launches luxury coffee liqueur
Kobrand has launched a French imported premium coffee crème liqueur across the US.
The company said today (19 September) that its new liqueur, named Café Bohême, will be a blend of gourmet coffee, five times distilled French vodka, Danish crème and vanilla.
The new product will be positioned as a liqueur to be served over ice, as a low calorie dessert alternative, or used within signature cocktails with Kobrand's Depaz Blue Cane Amber Rhum, the company added.
Kobrand vice president, director of spirits Tom Congdon said: "There is no question about the country's desire for a smooth, satisfying crème liqueur that's not overly sweet or cloying. We expect that these articulated consumer preferences will make Café Bohême an instant cafe crème classic. Once the consumer tastes this delicious French-inspired product, we truly believe they will find, 'resistance is futile.'"
Café Bohême will retail for US$22 per 750ml bottle.
Kobrand's portfolio also includes Maison Louis Jadot Burgundies, St.Francis, Taittinger, Alizé, Cakebread Cellars, Taylor Fladgate Ports, Delamain Cognacs and Sassicaia.
Premium and super-premium brands have been important drivers in the growing vodka category for some time but among the key trends forecast in a recent report on the vodka market from just-drinks is th...
Central European Distribution Corporation (CEDC) has closed its acquisition of an 85% interest in Copecresto Enterprises Limited, which owns the Parliament vodka trademarks in Russia and abroad....
Taxes on alcohol in the UK have been raised markedly in today's (12 March) Budget announcement....
Gruppo Campari has unveiled a flavoured extension of its Skyy vodka brand in the US....
Russian Standard is following the global rollout of its vodka brands with a television advertising campaign in the UK....
An attack on RTDs by a political party has been dismissed by an alcohol trade body in the UK....
London Gin has gained recognition as a special quality beverage by the European Union....
Maxxium has lined up the latest flavour addition for Vin & Sprit's Absolut vodka brand for the travel retail sector....
- SABMiller & Meantime: Notes for the New Owner
- Are Coca-Cola, A-B InBev at a FIFA Crossroads?
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Focus - The Prosecco shortage that isn't
- Interview - Illva Saronno CEO Augusto Reina
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo takes Baileys, Gordon's marketing in-house
- Carlsberg cuts 180 staff
- Suntory to buy Japan Tobacco beverage unit
- Mixto Tequila poised for "golden age"
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review