US: Koa Organic Beverages turns to Kickstarter to up production
Koa Organic Beverages has launched a Kickstarter campaign in a bid to boost production of its “organic” water.
The Dallas-based group is looking to raise US$50,000 via the crowd-funding website in the next month, in order to launch into new US markets. Koa Organic Water is currently sold in boutique hotels, day spas, and yoga and pilates studios in the Dallas area for US$4.99 a bottle
The brand is made from a blend of nine fruit and vegetable juices and is calorie- and sugar-free, according to Koa.
"People have told us that they have been searching for a healthy, natural and sugar-free juice,” said Koa's president & CEO, Adam Louras. “At Koa, we're proud of the work we've done to create a unique alternative to both drinking water and juice products.”
In Australia last week, six bottled water suppliers agreed to drop the term 'organic' from their brand names after the country's consumer watchdog said the term is “misleading” for water.
Sectors: Soft drinks
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- Concha y Toro's Q2 by region, brand - Focus
- A step forward in alcohol research? ISFAR 191
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- AB InBev to cull 5,500 jobs after SABMiller buy
- Pernod deal rescues Corby's FY
- Craft Brew Alliance poised for AB InBev takeover?
- Beam Suntory's Bowmore 10 Year Old - NPD
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages