US: Knightsbridge releases Warhol Wine
Knightsbridge Fine Wines has launched a new collection of wines. "Amer*Icon," bearing the creative stamp of Andy Warhol, will retail for around US$30.00.
The limited edition Amer*Icon wines carry a sleek silver and black print of Warhol's Eagle image. Proceeds from the sale of these releases will benefit the Andy Warhol Foundation and its mission, fostering innovative artistic expression and advancing the visual arts through support of cultural organizations.
The Knightsbridge / Warhol venture follows the recent trend toward wines linked to cultural icons, including the collaboration between the Jerry Garcia estate and Sonoma's Clos du Bois, and the upcoming Bob Dylan-inspired Planet Waves wines from Ancona, Italy.
Sourced from estate-grown grapes in the Soscol Ridge area of Napa Valley, the initial portfolio of Amer*Icon wines includes a Chardonnay, red Meritage blend, Estate Cabernet and Estate Merlot. Only 1,800 cases of these hand-crafted wines were produced, with each bottle being individually numbered.
This new project follows Knightsbridge's launch in late-2003 of a group of wines with labels designed by renowned French artist Guy Buffet. A premium collection of wines from California's Central Coast featuring other works from Warhol's oeuvre will soon follow this release of Amer*Icon.
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Ashwagandha - The next functional drinks trend?
- Moet Hennessy unaffected by LVMH Dior buy
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Distell acquires majority stake in Cruz Vodka
- Portman Group heads to Tesco for new chief exec
- William Grant names Europe & NA Travel Retail head
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends