US: Knightsbridge releases Warhol Wine
Knightsbridge Fine Wines has launched a new collection of wines. "Amer*Icon," bearing the creative stamp of Andy Warhol, will retail for around US$30.00.
The limited edition Amer*Icon wines carry a sleek silver and black print of Warhol's Eagle image. Proceeds from the sale of these releases will benefit the Andy Warhol Foundation and its mission, fostering innovative artistic expression and advancing the visual arts through support of cultural organizations.
The Knightsbridge / Warhol venture follows the recent trend toward wines linked to cultural icons, including the collaboration between the Jerry Garcia estate and Sonoma's Clos du Bois, and the upcoming Bob Dylan-inspired Planet Waves wines from Ancona, Italy.
Sourced from estate-grown grapes in the Soscol Ridge area of Napa Valley, the initial portfolio of Amer*Icon wines includes a Chardonnay, red Meritage blend, Estate Cabernet and Estate Merlot. Only 1,800 cases of these hand-crafted wines were produced, with each bottle being individually numbered.
This new project follows Knightsbridge's launch in late-2003 of a group of wines with labels designed by renowned French artist Guy Buffet. A premium collection of wines from California's Central Coast featuring other works from Warhol's oeuvre will soon follow this release of Amer*Icon.
- Pernod Ricard 's first-half results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard's H1 performance by region - Focus
- Heineken's FY performance by region - Focus
- Forget Baby Boomers at your peril - Consumer Trend
- Carlsberg's full-year performance by region
- Asahi Group lines up Grolsch, Meantime, Peroni buy
- Pernod Ricard targets US through unit, exec switch
- William Grant & Sons' Ailsa Bay - NPD
- SABMiller's Europe chief to join Britvic board
- Asahi Group to buy Grolsch, Peroni from SABMiller
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research