UK: Kleine Zalze hands UK portfolio to Hatch Mansfield
Kleine Zalze has made Hatch Mansfield its sole agent
South African winery Kleine Zalze has moved its UK portfolio to Hatch Mansfield, ending a long-standing partnership with Stevens Garnier.
Hatch Mansfield is now sole agent in the UK for Kleine Zalze branded wines after sharing responsibility with Stevens Garnier for the past 18 months, the company announced today (11 July). A Hatch Mansfield spokesperson told just-drinks the Stellenbosch wine maker is a “great fit” as it has a similar ethos to other family-owned vineyards in Hatch's portfolio.
Hatch Mansfield was previously responsible for Kleine Zalze branded wines in the on-trade, where it supports Matthew Clark.
Matt Douglas, Stevens Garnier's MD, said Kleine Zalze ended the partnership because it wanted to make operations more efficient.
The move will take immediate effect and stock will be available in the UK for the independent sector from September.
Other wines in Hatch Mansfield's portfolio include Burgundy's Louis Jadot, Spain's C.V.N.E and Lourensford in South Africa.
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Sustainability: What Craft Teaches Multi-Nationals
- Pernod takes positives from China Cognac bounce
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Anheuser-Busch InBev lines up new chairman
- Kraft Foods agrees Heinz merger
- Chilli targets beer with Rekorderlig Dry Apple
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014