US: Kiss star to push Dr Pepper Cherry in US
Dr Pepper Snapple Group has launched a flavoured Dr Pepper variant in the US.
The company, which was spun off by Cadbury Schweppes last year, said yesterday (24 March) that Dr Pepper Cherry is now available in both regular and diet formats across the country.
To coincide with the launch, Dr Pepper Snapple Group (DPSG) will run a third advert in its "Trust Me, I'm a Dr" campaign. Following baseball player Julius Erving (Dr J.) and actor Kelsey Grammer (Dr. Fraser Crane), rock star - and member of the group Kiss - Gene Simmons will push Dr Pepper Cherry as Dr. Love.
"When initially describing Dr Pepper Cherry's taste, we felt it had just a kiss of cherry and was so smooth, we knew who our third doctor had to be - Dr. Love," said Dr Pepper's director of marketing, Allison Methvin.
The ad will run on network and cable television in the US from 30 March.
The CSD will be backed by a promotional give-away of over 1m cans during the summer.
There is always a bubble inflating somewhere. Right now that somewhere appears to be the soft drinks market. Intense interest among Japanese buyers has created an opportunity for US private-equity fir...
Asahi has denied interest in acquiring the Orangina business, following claims that it may launch a bid to rival Suntory, according to a report....
Suntory Holdings seems to have its hands full at the moment. Not only is it in merger talks with Japanese rival Kirin Holdings, but it is now close to a deal to buy the French soft drink brand Orangin...
Asahi has launched a rival offer to Suntory's bid to acquire the Orangina business from private equity groups Blackstone and Lion Capital, a report has claimed....
The owners of Orangina Schweppes Group have confirmed that talks have opened with Suntory Holdings over a possible purchase transaction....
Dr Pepper Snapple Group has reaffirmed its 2009 full-year guidance....
Japan's Suntory Holdings is in talks to acquire the Orangina drinks brand from private equity groups Lion Capital and Blackstone, according to reports....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- AB InBev to sell SABMiller Cent'l, E Europe assets
- Private equity poised for SABMiller Europe buy?
- Remy Cointreau names new Travel Retail exec
- Leonardo DiCaprio joins Runa drinks board
- Pernod Ricard to widen Our/Vodka sales reach
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carbonates in India
- Consumer and Market Insights: Spirits Market in the US