JAPAN: Kirin to sell Lanson Champagne
Kirin has announced plans to sell champagne under the brand name of Lanson in Japan. The Japanese alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks maker said yesterday that it will begin selling Lanson from 1 April this year.
Kirin has received dealership from French champagne maker Marne et Champagne Group who, in 2002, sold a total of 1.5m cases, posting a revenue of €235m (US$295.8m).
The deal follows Kirin's Japanese competitor Suntory's announcement to begin importing champagne products made by G.H. Mumm & Cie and Perrier-Jouet in April this year.
Spirits company Blavod Extreme Spirits and the Japanese drinks group Suntory recently announced the formation of a joint venture to develop and market new spirits brands. Chris Brook-Carter spoke with...
Suntory is to construct a new soft drinks facility in Japan....
Suntory has failed to declare JPY760m (US$6.5m) in taxable income for a four-year period ending December 2003, according to local reports....
Skyy Spirits has secured US distribution rights for a stable of brands owned by Japan's Suntory....
Suntory International Corp. is to release three types of shochu in the US....
The Blavod Extreme Spirits joint venture Diamante Spirits is to produce and market a new Tequila, El Diamante del Cielo (Diamond in the Sky). The new product will have a retail value between US$45-60 ...
Blavod Extreme Spirits has agreed to form a joint venture company with Suntory International Corp, the US subsidiary of Suntory Limited. ...
Suntory Ltd is to suspend sales of its Bubbleman Soda Jet soft drink....
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- The Cognac Category - Everything you need to know
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Edrington readies Americas, GTR exec switches
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- High-end Cognac making recovery in China - Pernod
- "Beer and weed are complements" - analyst
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends