JAPAN/SINGAPORE: Kirin to sell Fraser & Neave stake
Kirin is giving up its stake in F&N
Kirin Holdings has said it will sell its 15% stake in Fraser & Neave to TCC Assets for around SGD2bn (US$1.6bn).
In a statement today (1 February), the Tokyo-headquartered group confirmed it will offload its shares to ThaiBev-controlled TCC before the offer deadline of 18 February. TCC this week took majority control of F&N and is expected to take full ownership of the Singapore conglomerate.
Kirin said the reason for its move was because “it would be difficult to implement an integrated beverages strategy in South-East Asia” in light of the TCC acquisition.
The Japanese group had previously said it would buy F&N's food and beverage business for SGD2.7bn, if Singapore property group Overseas Union Enterprise (OUE) had captured the conglomerate.
However, OUE withdrew its offer last week after TCC raised its bid to SGD9.55 per share. Kirin said today that all its previous agreements with OUE have been terminated since it withdrew from the bidding process.
Datamonitor's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organ...
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Comment - IPO Launch a Tonic for Fever-Tree
- Fireball Recall: Putting Out Fire with Anti-Freeze
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- NPD - Moët Hennessy’s Glenmorangie Dornoch
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- Pernod blames rule changes for Plymouth GI drop
- William Grant unveils bespoke Glenfiddich website
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research