JAPAN: Kirin to boost pharmaceutical arm
A new building will be built at its drug manufacturing plant in Takasaki, Gunma. This will put the company in a strong position for the planned domestic launch of a new anemia drug in three years' time.
The number of medical representatives will rise by around 30 to 370 this year, as Kirin considers marketing independently. Its marketing contract with Sankyo Co expires in March 2005.
Kirin's pharmaceutical operations are worth about ¥60 billion (US$552m).
Sectors: Beer & cider
- Has Coca-Cola Jumped From Frying Pan to Fire?
- Interview - Bacardi global marketing boss, whisky
- Constellation grapples with glass as reality bites
- Coca-Cola can unleash Monster with energy plunge
- just The Preview - Carlsberg's Q2 & H1
- Diageo appoints head for Asia marketing unit
- Diageo doubles intake for spirits start-ups scheme
- Second senior exec to depart Bacardi
- Coca-Cola secures US$2.15bn stake in Monster
- AG Barr poaches Diageo exec to be FD