FRANCE: Kirin strengthens Pernod tie with SIAL stake
Japan's second-largest beer maker, Kirin Brewery Co Ltd, said today that, in order to strengthen its ties with French drinks group Pernod Ricard, it had acquired a 32.4% stake in SIFA, which holds 10.2% of Pernod Ricard's capital. Kirin would not reveal the financial cost of the acquisition in SIFA, or Societe Immobiliere et Financiere Pour L'Alimentation, which would indirectly represent a 3.3% stake in Pernod Ricard, but the Jiji news agency said it paid more than 20 billion yen (US$155m).
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- How soft drinks can win big with adult consumers
- Global director int'l brands, Heineken - Interview
- Non-Scotch Whisky Essentials, Part I
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- SABMiller confirms price paid for Meantime
- Ex-William Grant CEO Stella David re-joins Bacardi
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends