FRANCE: Kirin strengthens Pernod tie with SIAL stake
Japan's second-largest beer maker, Kirin Brewery Co Ltd, said today that, in order to strengthen its ties with French drinks group Pernod Ricard, it had acquired a 32.4% stake in SIFA, which holds 10.2% of Pernod Ricard's capital. Kirin would not reveal the financial cost of the acquisition in SIFA, or Societe Immobiliere et Financiere Pour L'Alimentation, which would indirectly represent a 3.3% stake in Pernod Ricard, but the Jiji news agency said it paid more than 20 billion yen (US$155m).
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research