FRANCE: Kirin strengthens Pernod tie with SIAL stake
Japan's second-largest beer maker, Kirin Brewery Co Ltd, said today that, in order to strengthen its ties with French drinks group Pernod Ricard, it had acquired a 32.4% stake in SIFA, which holds 10.2% of Pernod Ricard's capital. Kirin would not reveal the financial cost of the acquisition in SIFA, or Societe Immobiliere et Financiere Pour L'Alimentation, which would indirectly represent a 3.3% stake in Pernod Ricard, but the Jiji news agency said it paid more than 20 billion yen (US$155m).
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- How the can has a part to play in beer's future
- The Future of Cocktails - Consumer Trends
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- Will Brexit make a winner out of Travel Retail?
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- Diageo reveals revival plan for former factory
- William Grant sees 2015 sales, profits lift
- Stoli Group CEO Rob Cullins to step down
- Jose Cuervo applies to go public
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends