FRANCE: Kirin strengthens Pernod tie with SIAL stake
Japan's second-largest beer maker, Kirin Brewery Co Ltd, said today that, in order to strengthen its ties with French drinks group Pernod Ricard, it had acquired a 32.4% stake in SIFA, which holds 10.2% of Pernod Ricard's capital. Kirin would not reveal the financial cost of the acquisition in SIFA, or Societe Immobiliere et Financiere Pour L'Alimentation, which would indirectly represent a 3.3% stake in Pernod Ricard, but the Jiji news agency said it paid more than 20 billion yen (US$155m).
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- The End of the Road for International Beer Brands?
- Comment - Another One Bites Bacardi's Dust
- Allegro: The shape of things to come at Pernod?
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- US craft vodka puts squeeze on Pernod's Absolut
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- Pernod bemoans tough FY as sales, profits drop
- ASA bans Jägermeister TV ad
- Bacardi announces CFO switch
- SABMiller exec to become CFO at Beam Suntory