FRANCE: Kirin strengthens indirect stake in Pernod - reports
There are reports that Japan's second-largest beer maker, Kirin Brewery Co Ltd, has strengthened its indirect stake in Pernod Ricard. This follows a partial withdrawal by French bank, Societe Generale's subsidiary, Geneval, which has a stake in Pernod shareholder SIFA. Geneval is said to have sold its 31.8% stake in SIFA (Societe Immobiliere et Financiere Pour L'Alimentation), which owns 10.24% of Pernod and has 16.6% voting rights. Part of the stake has been acquired by Kirin, which now owns 47.5% of SIFA compared to 32.4% previously making it the holding company's biggest single shareholder. Other shareholders are Santa Lina (Pernod) and Don Rafael Gonzalez Gallarza, the head of Larios gin.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- Comment - Will We Understand the Language of Rum?
- Focus - Coca-Cola's Q1 Performance by Region
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- BrewDog launches GBP25m crowd-funding attempt
- Africa "subdued" but Heineken sees Q1 rises
- Elements 8 revamps rum packaging
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report