FRANCE: Kirin strengthens indirect stake in Pernod - reports
There are reports that Japan's second-largest beer maker, Kirin Brewery Co Ltd, has strengthened its indirect stake in Pernod Ricard. This follows a partial withdrawal by French bank, Societe Generale's subsidiary, Geneval, which has a stake in Pernod shareholder SIFA. Geneval is said to have sold its 31.8% stake in SIFA (Societe Immobiliere et Financiere Pour L'Alimentation), which owns 10.24% of Pernod and has 16.6% voting rights. Part of the stake has been acquired by Kirin, which now owns 47.5% of SIFA compared to 32.4% previously making it the holding company's biggest single shareholder. Other shareholders are Santa Lina (Pernod) and Don Rafael Gonzalez Gallarza, the head of Larios gin.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Anheuser-Busch InBev's FY Performance by Region
- Much Work to do on Packaging in the US
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Tough US hits Mast-Jagermeister volumes in 2014
- George Clooney launches Tequila Casamigos in UK
- Pernod Ricard's Havana Club Union
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report