FRANCE: Kirin strengthens indirect stake in Pernod - reports
There are reports that Japan's second-largest beer maker, Kirin Brewery Co Ltd, has strengthened its indirect stake in Pernod Ricard. This follows a partial withdrawal by French bank, Societe Generale's subsidiary, Geneval, which has a stake in Pernod shareholder SIFA. Geneval is said to have sold its 31.8% stake in SIFA (Societe Immobiliere et Financiere Pour L'Alimentation), which owns 10.24% of Pernod and has 16.6% voting rights. Part of the stake has been acquired by Kirin, which now owns 47.5% of SIFA compared to 32.4% previously making it the holding company's biggest single shareholder. Other shareholders are Santa Lina (Pernod) and Don Rafael Gonzalez Gallarza, the head of Larios gin.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- Drinkable yogurt - The next drinks opportunity
- Coca-Cola India suspends bottling operations
- Has Diet Coke passed its sell-by date? - Comment
- Diageo brands need "fixing and nurturing" - TWE
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- Pernod Ricard wins Ron Matusalem 'Cuba' legal row
- Work begins on Glasgow distillery
- Sapporo’s Sapporo Premium Black - NPD
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages