FRANCE: Kirin strengthens indirect stake in Pernod - reports
There are reports that Japan's second-largest beer maker, Kirin Brewery Co Ltd, has strengthened its indirect stake in Pernod Ricard. This follows a partial withdrawal by French bank, Societe Generale's subsidiary, Geneval, which has a stake in Pernod shareholder SIFA. Geneval is said to have sold its 31.8% stake in SIFA (Societe Immobiliere et Financiere Pour L'Alimentation), which owns 10.24% of Pernod and has 16.6% voting rights. Part of the stake has been acquired by Kirin, which now owns 47.5% of SIFA compared to 32.4% previously making it the holding company's biggest single shareholder. Other shareholders are Santa Lina (Pernod) and Don Rafael Gonzalez Gallarza, the head of Larios gin.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Paddy Irish whiskey - The Facts
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Is single malt the Great White Hope for Scotch?
- Is the wine industry confusing its consumers?
- Pernod Ricard to widen Our/Vodka sales reach
- Leonardo DiCaprio joins Runa drinks board
- Remy Cointreau names new Travel Retail exec
- Pernod in talks to sell Paddy whiskey to Sazerac
- US wholesalers point to Absolut decline - report
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carbonates in India
- Consumer and Market Insights: Spirits Market in the US