JAPAN: Kirin still negotiating National Foods acquisition
Kirin Holdings Co. is still in discussion over plans to buy San Miguel Corp.'s dairy product and soft drink unit in Australia.
The Tokyo-based beer and beverage maker has been in talks with San Miguel, in which it has a 20% stake, over the possibility of taking a stake in National Foods.
But Kirin was forced to confirm its current position after press speculation over the weekend suggested the deal had been done.
Kirin was quick to calm the reports, saying: "We are now in negotiations and the story is not true."
Kirin Holdings is on the hunt for partnerships in India, Thailand and Vietnam, according to local reports....
Domestic shipments of beer and beer-like beverages in Japan rose slightly last month ahead of further price rises in the country, according to recent figures....
San Miguel Corp. has lined up the flotation of its domestic beer unit for later this year, according to local reports....
The prospect of price rises led to a leap in beer sales in Japan last month, according to recent figures....
Beer shipments in Japan continued their downward trend last year, according to recent figures....
Kirin Holdings is teaming up with its trans-Tasman unit Lion Nathan to jointly purchase raw materials, in light of commodity cost increases....
FEMSA Cerveza has confirmed that it is raising its prices in Mexico....
Lion Nathan has completed its purchase of J Boag & Son....
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- Concha y Toro's Q2 by region, brand - Focus
- A step forward in alcohol research? ISFAR 191
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- AB InBev to cull 5,500 jobs after SABMiller buy
- Pernod deal rescues Corby's FY
- Craft Brew Alliance poised for AB InBev takeover?
- Beam Suntory's Bowmore 10 Year Old - NPD
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages