JAPAN: Kirin may sue rival over label confusion
A label design is threatening to erupt into a legal war between two of Japan's biggest brewers Kirin Brewery and Sapporo Breweries Ltd. Kirin is threatening to sue its rival because it believes the label design on Sapporo Fine Lager beer is a copy of its Kirin Lager Beer. Kirin has already sent Sapporo a written notice demanding it replace the red and white design after it received over 100 complaints from consumers saying they had confused the two products, Kirin said. It claims the label infringes laws on unfair competition.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Diageo chief admits "tougher than expected" year
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- just The Preview - Diageo's FY preliminaries
- Will Diageo seize the day as "nadir" reached?
- Molson Coors CEO exit - Mega-Merger on hold?
- ASA bans Jägermeister TV ad
- Belvédère chairman to step down
- Diageo boosts exec committee
- Diageo silent over Shuijingfang writedown report
- Remy Cointreau names liqueurs & spirits CEO