JAPAN: Kirin looks to China for growth - report
Kirin Brewery is looking to build a beer and soft drinks factory in China, according to local reports.
Yomiuri newspaper said yesterday (7 August) that the Japanese company hopes to strengthen its overseas operations through constructing the facility. Kirin, which posted a 17% climb in half-year earnings last month, believes its domestic market can offer only limited growth going forward.
The paper cited company president Kazuyasu Kato as saying: "It's better to produce and sell alcoholic and soft drinks together, and China is a good place to do it." Kato also said that he sees Asian and Oceanic markets offering impressive growth.
The century-old rivalry between Anheuser-Busch and Czech brewer Budejovicky Budvar took an unexpected twist earlier this week when the two brewers signed an import deal for the US market. However, des...
Kirin Beverage Corp. is targeting a healthy rise in soft drink sales in Japan this year, according to local reports....
Asahi has managed to hold on to the top spot in the Japanese beer market, despite a dip in sales volumes, according to local reports....
Kirin Brewery Co. has forecast a healthy rise in sales for this year....
The holding company for the Ricard family and the Dutch finance arm of Japanese brewer Kirin have upped their joint stake in Pernod Ricard....
Kirin Brewery Co. is set to launch a flagship mainstream beer brand, according to reports in Japan....
Kirin Brewery Co. is aiming to boost operating profit by at least 28% in the next three years by focusing on growth in its overseas operations, non-beer alcohol and soft drink businesses....
Japanese beer maker Kirin Brewery Co. is to buy a 25% stake in China's Hangzhou Qiandaohu Brewery Co. in a deal worth JPY4.5bn (US$38.1m)....
- Comment - Heineken's 'No' Cuts SABMiller Options
- Irish whiskey eyes a slice of Scotch's global pie
- Scottish Independence and Scotch Whisky
- SABMiller spurned by Heineken: The start of the en
- Can the New World Learn a Lesson from the Old?
- Patron Spirits' Patron Citrónge Lime
- Heineken rejects SABMiller purchase proposal
- Wm Grant CMO to head Orangina Scweppes Int'l
- Diageo's Special Releases 2014
- SABMiller, Heineken silent on takeover offer talk