UK: Kirin Ichiban sampling blitz to hit 13 towns and cities
Kirin is brewed by Wells & Young's in the UK
Japanese lager brand Kirin Ichiban is set for a major push this summer with a sampling campaign across 13 UK cities and towns.
Wells & Young's, which brews the lager in the UK under contract, said sampling teams will visit more than 40 "premium" outlets to promote the brand until the end of August. The outlets are in: London, Birmingham, Ascot, Cambridge, Bristol, Leeds, Sheffield, Liverpool, Cheshire, Lancaster, Aberdeen, Edinburgh and Glasgow.
“Awareness of Kirin Ichiban has continued to grow steadily in the last year, alongside an increasing consumer interest in premium world lager," said Phil Toms, director of brands at Wells & Young’s.
He added that "feedback indicates that there is a real appetite to see the brand more widely available".
Wells & Young's lost the UK brewing rights to Corona Extra and Red Stripe in 2011.
Earlier this week, analysts at UBS released their latest 'Beeronomics' research note, looking at the global beer landscape. Here, courtesy of UBS, is a breakdown of the top 25 beer markets around the ...
Grupo Petropolis has begun production at its latest facility in Brazil, targeting the beer markets in the north-east of the country....
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- SABMiller's Q1 sales performance by region - Focus
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- The Coca-Cola Co's Q2/H1 2016 results - Preview
- Diageo appoints new Smirnoff head
- Brown-Forman takes distribution in Spain in-house
- AB InBev halts VAIP incentive plan
- Gruppo Campari trials Negroni pre-mix
- New Hendrick's Gin would have to be "unusual"
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends