UK: Kirin Ichiban sampling blitz to hit 13 towns and cities
Kirin is brewed by Wells & Young's in the UK
Japanese lager brand Kirin Ichiban is set for a major push this summer with a sampling campaign across 13 UK cities and towns.
Wells & Young's, which brews the lager in the UK under contract, said sampling teams will visit more than 40 "premium" outlets to promote the brand until the end of August. The outlets are in: London, Birmingham, Ascot, Cambridge, Bristol, Leeds, Sheffield, Liverpool, Cheshire, Lancaster, Aberdeen, Edinburgh and Glasgow.
“Awareness of Kirin Ichiban has continued to grow steadily in the last year, alongside an increasing consumer interest in premium world lager," said Phil Toms, director of brands at Wells & Young’s.
He added that "feedback indicates that there is a real appetite to see the brand more widely available".
Wells & Young's lost the UK brewing rights to Corona Extra and Red Stripe in 2011.
After Schincariol Participações e Representações SA was totally acquired by Kirin Holdings at the end of 2011, the company started to review its process and structure, in order to become more organise...
Earlier this week, analysts at UBS released their latest 'Beeronomics' research note, looking at the global beer landscape. Here, courtesy of UBS, is a breakdown of the top 25 beer markets around the ...
Kirin Brewery Co Ltd aims to increase its sales and profit by 2015. In order to achieve this, the company plans to invest its resources to enhance the Kirin brand regardless of its profit in 2013. The...
Mercian Corp, as Kirin Holding’s subsidiary focused mainly on wine, targets to strengthen its marketing activities and tie-ups with Kirin Brewery. Mainly focusing on table wines, the company aims to r...
Grupo Petropolis has begun production at its latest facility in Brazil, targeting the beer markets in the north-east of the country....
Fortified/functional beverages grew by 5% in value terms in 2012. The growth was mainly attributable to the big success of newly-launched speciality low calorie fortified cola Kirin Mets Cola and the ...
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- SABMiller, Carlsberg, Heineken: Poland's beer itch
- Diageo, Heineken and NBL in South Africa & Namibia
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Diageo hit by SEC investigation in US
- Pernod launches pomegranate whisky drink
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research