JAPAN: Kirin Holdings ups sales, profits forecast
Kirin upbeat on full-year
Kirin Holdings has significantly increased its guidance for 2009 sales and profits, amid speculation that merger talks with Suntory have hit a snag over ownership.
Japan-based Kirin said this week that it expects net sales for the 12 months to the end of December to come in at JPY108bn (US$1.2bn), up 19% from the JPY91bn forecast made in February last year.
Net profits are set to reach JPY82bn, up 26% on the initial projection of JPY65bn, while operating income will hit JPY84bn, up 29% on the original forecast of JPY65bn.
"The revision is due to larger dividend income from affiliates than initially forecast," said the group.
There has been speculation this week that Kirin and rival group Suntory may reach a merger agreement by the end of next month.
However, reports out of Japan said that the talks have stumbled on the amount of control each firm will wield in the venture. Both firms confirmed that they were in talks in July 2009.
A combined Kirin and Suntory would create Japan's largest brewer and would help both groups compete more effectively on foreign markets against other multinational drinks companies.
The full announcement can be found here.
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Is sustainability now as important as financials?
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Diageo unveils Blender's Batch in the US
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirit Market in the Top 5 European Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts