JAPAN/SINGAPORE: Kirin Holdings joins OUE in Fraser & Neave bid
Kirin has confirmed it wants the food and beverage division of Fraser & Neave
Kirin Holdings has confirmed it has agreed to acquire Fraser & Neave's food and beverage business if a wider bid by Overseas Union Enterprise (OUE) for the conglomerate succeeds.
OUE, a Singapore-based property group, announced yesterday (15 November) that it has submitted a SGD13.1bn (US$10.7bn) cash offer for full control of F&N. This tops a SGD9bn bid for F&N last week by TCC Assets – a privately-held vehicle owned by Thai billionaire Charoen Sirivadhanabhakdi. Through TCC Assets and Chang brewer ThaiBev, Sirivadhanabhakdi holds a 30.66% stake in F&N.
Kirin confirmed today (16 November) that OUE's statement regarding its intention was correct. Kirin will tender its 15% stake in F&N for SGD1.9bn ($1.6bn). If OUE's offer is accepted, the Japanese group will then buy back F&N's food and beverage for around SGD2.7bn.
Shares in Kirin Holdings were today down by 2.22% at JPY969.
Meanwhile, Heineken yesterday confirmed that it has finally completed a deal to buy Fraser & Neave's stake in Tiger brewer Asia Pacific Breweries.
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- Focus - Diageo's H1 Results by Region, Brand
- Comment - Spirits - Where Next for Scotch Whisky?
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages