JAPAN/SINGAPORE: Kirin Holdings joins OUE in Fraser & Neave bid
Kirin has confirmed it wants the food and beverage division of Fraser & Neave
Kirin Holdings has confirmed it has agreed to acquire Fraser & Neave's food and beverage business if a wider bid by Overseas Union Enterprise (OUE) for the conglomerate succeeds.
OUE, a Singapore-based property group, announced yesterday (15 November) that it has submitted a SGD13.1bn (US$10.7bn) cash offer for full control of F&N. This tops a SGD9bn bid for F&N last week by TCC Assets – a privately-held vehicle owned by Thai billionaire Charoen Sirivadhanabhakdi. Through TCC Assets and Chang brewer ThaiBev, Sirivadhanabhakdi holds a 30.66% stake in F&N.
Kirin confirmed today (16 November) that OUE's statement regarding its intention was correct. Kirin will tender its 15% stake in F&N for SGD1.9bn ($1.6bn). If OUE's offer is accepted, the Japanese group will then buy back F&N's food and beverage for around SGD2.7bn.
Shares in Kirin Holdings were today down by 2.22% at JPY969.
Meanwhile, Heineken yesterday confirmed that it has finally completed a deal to buy Fraser & Neave's stake in Tiger brewer Asia Pacific Breweries.
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Anheuser-Busch InBev's FY Performance by Region
- Much Work to do on Packaging in the US
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Tough US hits Mast-Jagermeister volumes in 2014
- Suntory whiskey seeks to "eclipse" Diageo, Pernod
- George Clooney launches Tequila Casamigos in UK
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report