JAPAN/SINGAPORE: Kirin Holdings joins OUE in Fraser & Neave bid
Kirin has confirmed it wants the food and beverage division of Fraser & Neave
Kirin Holdings has confirmed it has agreed to acquire Fraser & Neave's food and beverage business if a wider bid by Overseas Union Enterprise (OUE) for the conglomerate succeeds.
OUE, a Singapore-based property group, announced yesterday (15 November) that it has submitted a SGD13.1bn (US$10.7bn) cash offer for full control of F&N. This tops a SGD9bn bid for F&N last week by TCC Assets – a privately-held vehicle owned by Thai billionaire Charoen Sirivadhanabhakdi. Through TCC Assets and Chang brewer ThaiBev, Sirivadhanabhakdi holds a 30.66% stake in F&N.
Kirin confirmed today (16 November) that OUE's statement regarding its intention was correct. Kirin will tender its 15% stake in F&N for SGD1.9bn ($1.6bn). If OUE's offer is accepted, the Japanese group will then buy back F&N's food and beverage for around SGD2.7bn.
Shares in Kirin Holdings were today down by 2.22% at JPY969.
Meanwhile, Heineken yesterday confirmed that it has finally completed a deal to buy Fraser & Neave's stake in Tiger brewer Asia Pacific Breweries.
Alcoholic Drinks in Australia industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2007-11, and forecast to 2016)....
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future