JAPAN: Kirin Holdings invests in Nawgan Products
Kirin's investment in Nawgan will be used to fund growth initiative plans across North America
Kirin Holdings has purchased a minority interest in US-based functional brain health beverage company Nawgan Products.
Kirin's investment in the company will be used to fund growth initiative plans across North America," Kirin said yesterday (24 August). Kyowa Hakko Bio, the maker of the key ingredient in Nawgan's Cognizin beverage, is a part of the Kirin Holdings Group.
No financial details of the deal were disclosed, nor was the size of the stake specified.
"It is our great honour to be part of this opportunity and be able to provide a new value for the ever-evolving health drink market in the US through profoundly unique Nawgan products," said Kirin Holdings' CEO, Senji Miyake.
Available in Red Berries Caffeinated, Berry Non-Caffeinated and Tarocco Orange Caffeinated, Nawgan is said to contain natural ingredients, and reduced calories. The product is currently available at around 300 stores across the greater St Louis region, including Walgreens, Straub's Fine Grocers, Dierberg's Markets and Shop'n'Save.
The second part of January's management briefing sees Spiros Malandrakis and Zsuzsa Szilagyi, alcoholics drinks analysts at Euromonitor International, turn their attention to beer and cider. What doe...
After several years of pursuing overseas acquisitions, Kirin Holdings' immediate priority is to consolidate its assets and cut debt....
Kirin Holdings has said that it expects net sales and profits to rebound in 2012 as it continues to economise in Japan and capitalise on acquisitions overseas....
- Why Didn't Diageo Act Sooner on Mallya?
- just The Facts - The Global Wine Industry
- CCE head shines light on price talks
- Interview: Head brewer at Hall & Woodhouse
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- A-B InBev "regrets" Bud Light bottle message
- Diageo teams Johnnie Walker up with Entourage
- MEPs call for calorie, ingredient facts on alcohol
- Bacardi opens Dewar’s Travel Retail whisky store
- Pernod readies Avion Tequila US sweepstake
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research