JAPAN: Kirin Holdings invests in Nawgan Products
Kirin's investment in Nawgan will be used to fund growth initiative plans across North America
Kirin Holdings has purchased a minority interest in US-based functional brain health beverage company Nawgan Products.
Kirin's investment in the company will be used to fund growth initiative plans across North America," Kirin said yesterday (24 August). Kyowa Hakko Bio, the maker of the key ingredient in Nawgan's Cognizin beverage, is a part of the Kirin Holdings Group.
No financial details of the deal were disclosed, nor was the size of the stake specified.
"It is our great honour to be part of this opportunity and be able to provide a new value for the ever-evolving health drink market in the US through profoundly unique Nawgan products," said Kirin Holdings' CEO, Senji Miyake.
Available in Red Berries Caffeinated, Berry Non-Caffeinated and Tarocco Orange Caffeinated, Nawgan is said to contain natural ingredients, and reduced calories. The product is currently available at around 300 stores across the greater St Louis region, including Walgreens, Straub's Fine Grocers, Dierberg's Markets and Shop'n'Save.
The second part of January's management briefing sees Spiros Malandrakis and Zsuzsa Szilagyi, alcoholics drinks analysts at Euromonitor International, turn their attention to beer and cider. What doe...
After several years of pursuing overseas acquisitions, Kirin Holdings' immediate priority is to consolidate its assets and cut debt....
Kirin Holdings has said that it expects net sales and profits to rebound in 2012 as it continues to economise in Japan and capitalise on acquisitions overseas....
- Why did Mast-Jägermeister buy Sidney Frank?
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Pernod Ricard releases social medial guide
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research