JAPAN: Kirin Holdings cuts H1 profits, sales forecast
Kirin Holdings drops forecasts for H1
Kirin Holdings has cut its sales and profits forecast for the first half of 2010.
Kirin expects net sales to be JPY43bn (US$492m) for the six months to the end of June, 14% lower than previously predicted, the Japanese drinks giant said today (26 July).
It added that net profits are expected to be JPY26bn, 7% lower than its earlier forecast, with operating profits set to be 14% lower at JPY29bn.
"The revision is due to smaller dividend income from affiliates than initially forecast," said Kirin, which owns Australian brewer Lion Nathan and a near-49% stake in San Miguel Brewery.
Despite the worse-than-expected performance, the group said that it has not changed its full-year profits guidance.
For 2010, Kirin said in February that it expected net sales to fall by JPY58.4bn, to JPY2.22tn, and operating income to rise by JPY4.6bn to JPY133bn.
Earlier this year, the group reported a fall in sales and profits in 2009.
In this, the final part of just-drinks' review of 2010, Olly Wehring takes a look at what made the wine headlines this year....
M&A activity within the beer sector this year has been limited to just the one big transaction, in Mexico. Larry Nelson believes, however, that 2010 could have served as the calm before the storm, wit...
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- This week in spirits & wine
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Craft, imports near 50% share in US on-trade
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts