JAPAN: Kirin Holdings chasing rising beer consumption in Asia - report
Kirin Holdings is on the hunt for partnerships in India, Thailand and Vietnam, according to local reports.
A report in Kyodo News late last week said that the Japanese beer and soft drinks company is looking for tie-ups in the three countries in an attempt to up its brewing operations in Asia.
Citing Kirin's president, Kazuyasu Kato, the paper said the company is aiming to become the largest food and drink producer in market capitalisation terms in Asia and Oceania. Kato targeted rising beer consumption in India, Thailand and Vietnam as the main reason for the search for alliances.
Earlier this year, Kirin said it was teaming up with its trans-Tasman unit Lion Nathan to jointly purchase raw materials. Kirin will be responsible for locating and buying European hops for the two companies, while Lion Nathan will handle procurement of New Zealand hops for itself and Kirin, the two companies announced in January.
The runners and riders are lining up to buy Cadbury Schweppes' Australian soft drinks unit, should it be put up for sale....
Kirin, the Japanese drinks firm, has said it intends to expand its soft drinks division overseas, but declined to comment on speculation that it has shown interest in Cadbury Schweppes' Australian dri...
Japanese brewer Kirin has blamed rising costs and a sluggish market for a drop in domestic beer sales and profits in its first half....
Lion Nathan has posted a lift in sales for the first nine months of its current fiscal year, driven mainly by its purchase of J Boag & Son in January....
Sapporo Breweries is to raise the annual sales target of its beer-like drink "Mugi to Hop," to 5.5 million cases from the previously planned three million cases, according to local sources....
Suntory has taken the number three spot on the Japanese domestic beer market, leapfrogging Sapporo Breweries....
Steel Partners Japan Strategic Fund has called for Sapporo Holdings to consider bringing an investment bank in "to explore strategic alternatives" for the Japanese company....
UK brewer Wells and Young's is relaunching Waggle Dance, its honey-flavoured 5% abv ale, with a new look....
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Category Trends - Scotch Whisky V
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends