JAPAN: Kirin faces battle for market share
According to a report by Dow Jones, shipment data for the January-June period suggests that Asahi's market share reached 37.8% after domestic beer shipments rose 9.4% to 102.03m cases.
Competition for market share between the two companies has intensified with Kirin Brewery having a 37.9% market share. During the same period for 2000 Asahi held a 35.9% share of the market and Kirin a 39.4% share.
- The End of the Road for International Beer Brands?
- Allegro: The shape of things to come at Pernod?
- Comment - Another One Bites Bacardi's Dust
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- US craft vodka puts squeeze on Pernod's Absolut
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- Pernod bemoans tough FY as sales, profits drop
- ASA bans Jägermeister TV ad
- Bacardi announces CFO switch
- SABMiller exec to become CFO at Beam Suntory