JAPAN: Kirin faces battle for market share
Kirin Brewery, Japan's leading brewer, is facing a battle for dominance with Asahi Breweries Ltd after Asahi's successful move into the low-priced low-malt beer sector. According to a report by Dow Jones, shipment data for the January-June period suggests that Asahi's market share reached 37.8% after domestic beer shipments rose 9.4% to 102.03m cases.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Allegro: The shape of things to come at Pernod?
- Pernod Ricard's Allegro cost-saving programme
- Comment - Diageo's Distill Ventures: One Year On
- The End of the Road for International Beer Brands?
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Pernod Ricard set for CMO switch
- ASA bans Jägermeister TV ad
- Wine Australia reports death of UK, Europe boss
- Pernod bemoans tough FY as sales, profits drop
- Diageo takes Haig Club to Singapore airport