S KOREA: Kirin credits 'The Gold' for Q1 climb
Kirin Brewery Co has posted a healthy lift in Q1 sales.
The Japanese brewer said today (1 May) that revenue for the first three months of this year hit JPY378.01bn, against JPY350.1bn in the corresponding period a year earlier. Operating profit performed equally well in the period, reaching JPY16.92bn compared to JPY14.29bn.
For the full year, the company has forecast sales of JPY1.88 trillion, with operating profit set to total JPY121bn.
In the first quarter, Kirin edged back ahead of Asahi to lead its domestic beer and quasi-beer markets. The company accounted for 37.5% share, ahead of Asahi on 37.2%, according to a survey of the country's leading brewers.
Kirin credited strong sales of its 'The Gold' brand, launched in March, for the impressive quarter.
Kirin holds a 46.13% stake in Australian brewer Lion Nathan, as well as a 20.02% stake in Philippine brewer San Miguel Corp.
Asahi Breweries has posted a lift in net profit for the first nine months of this year....
Kirin Brewery Co., Kirin Beverage Co. and Suntory have teamed up to conserve resources and reduce their packaging costs....
Asahi Soft Drinks Co. and Calpis Co. have plans to set up a joint venture to sell drinks though vending machines in Japan....
Asahi Breweries has just held off Kirin Breweries from the top spot for Japanese domestic beer shipments in the year so far, according to recent figures....
Kirin Holdings Co. is still in discussion over plans to buy San Miguel Corp.'s dairy product and soft drink unit in Australia....
Premium and mid-strength beer volumes are continuing to grow faster in Australia than mainstream brands, according to Andrew Reeves, managing director at Lion Nathan, the country's second largest brew...
Domestic beer and beer-like drink shipments in Japan registered a slight rise last month, according to recent statistics....
Bacardi Martini has dropped its South Korean distributor and decided to go it alone in the country, just-drinks understands....
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- IAADFS Duty Free Show of the Americas - Preview
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Diageo's Captain Morgan LocoNut - NPD
- Heineken releases colour-change bottles
- Baijius brand value overtakes whisk(e)y - figures
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends