JAPAN: Kirin Brewery Co ramps up frozen beer launch
Kirin is hoping for global success with its frozen beer innovation
Kirin Brewery Co is to bring its frozen beer innovation, Ichiban Shibori Frozen Nama, to the world.
The Japanese brewer said the brand, which uses a machine to cover the beer with an ice-cold foam head, has been well received in tests in Hawaii, Shanghai and Singapore, and a global launch is lined up for this year. Markets will include New York, Los Angeles, Haiwaii, Florida, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Taiwan, South Korea, the UK and France, a Kirin spokesperson told just-drinks today (11 March).
Frozen Nama is already available in Japan, where it was launched last year.
A video showing how the foam head is applied to the beer can be viewed below. The head keeps the beer ice cold for about 30 minutes, according to reports.
Kirin is also set to expand sales of Kirin Ichiban draught to 40 international markets, including China and the US, the spokesperson said, and is targeting other parts of Asia after successes in Taiwan, South Korea and Singapore.
Last month Kirin Brewery's parent company Kirin Holdings said it will sell its 15% stake in F&N to TCC Assets for about SGD2bn (US$1.6bn).
Datamonitor's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organ...
This report comprises of high level market research data on the Japan beer industry, published by Canadean. The report covers total market (on- and off-premise) and includes valuable insight and ana...
- Allegro: The shape of things to come at Pernod?
- Pernod Ricard's Allegro cost-saving programme
- The End of the Road for International Beer Brands?
- Comment - Diageo's Distill Ventures: One Year On
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Pernod Ricard set for CMO switch
- ASA bans Jägermeister TV ad
- Pernod bemoans tough FY as sales, profits drop
- Wine Australia reports death of UK, Europe boss
- Diageo takes Haig Club to Singapore airport