JAPAN: Kirin Brewery Co ramps up frozen beer launch
Kirin is hoping for global success with its frozen beer innovation
Kirin Brewery Co is to bring its frozen beer innovation, Ichiban Shibori Frozen Nama, to the world.
The Japanese brewer said the brand, which uses a machine to cover the beer with an ice-cold foam head, has been well received in tests in Hawaii, Shanghai and Singapore, and a global launch is lined up for this year. Markets will include New York, Los Angeles, Haiwaii, Florida, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Taiwan, South Korea, the UK and France, a Kirin spokesperson told just-drinks today (11 March).
Frozen Nama is already available in Japan, where it was launched last year.
A video showing how the foam head is applied to the beer can be viewed below. The head keeps the beer ice cold for about 30 minutes, according to reports.
Kirin is also set to expand sales of Kirin Ichiban draught to 40 international markets, including China and the US, the spokesperson said, and is targeting other parts of Asia after successes in Taiwan, South Korea and Singapore.
Last month Kirin Brewery's parent company Kirin Holdings said it will sell its 15% stake in F&N to TCC Assets for about SGD2bn (US$1.6bn).
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts