JAPAN: Kirin Beverage lowers H1 profit forecast
The company attributed the drop to soft sales of canned coffee and Japanese tea drinks, as well as a delay in launching certain carbonated drinks. Although Kirin is forecasting a 7% rise in group sales to Y157 billion, this is Y5 billion below the company's previous forecast.
In volume terms, beverage sales are forecast to increase by 6% to 75.6m cases, 2.5m cases below the company's target figure.
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Making consumers the centre of your business
- AB InBev makes formal offer for SABMiller
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Former Pernod Ricard exec joins Wakefield Wines
- Diageo, Treasury Wine Estates quiet on wine sale
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research