JAPAN: Kirin Beverage eyes sales leap - report
Kirin Beverage Corp. is targeting a healthy rise in soft drink sales in Japan this year, according to local reports.
Japanese News Digest said today (16 January) that the soft drink associate of Kirin Brewery is aiming for an 11% lift on 2006 soft drink sales, to around 204m cases. Last year, soft drink sales at Kirin rose 3% on 2005, to 184.5m cases, the news service noted.
As part of a medium-term plan at the company, Kirin Beverage hopes for a rise in sales of its five main soft drinks brands - Nama-cha green tea, Gogo-no-Kocha black tea, Fire coffee, Alkali Ion Water and Volvic mineral water - of around 12% to 145m cases.
The news digest also said that Kirin Beverage will launch more brands between March and April, but did not expand on what the new brands will be.
Japan has led the way in functional drinks and as market maturity and demographics have slowed sales, manufacturers have continued to innovate imaginatively. Jeanette Bengtsson, soft drinks manager at...
Japanese brewers Sapporo, Asahi, Kirin, Suntory and Orion have shown a second straight month of year-on-year decreases in beer shipments, according to reports....
Japan's Kirin Brewery Co. has launched its first "premium beer" brand in 14 years....
Kirin Brewery Co. aims to keep its 46.1% stake in the Australian brewer Lion Nathan, according to The Australian Financial Review....
Kirin Holdings, the umbrella company to Kirin brewery, has upgraded its forecasts for the first half of this year....
San Miguel Corp has made no further comment over its talks to sell its stake in Australian dairy and fruit juice company National Foods....
San Miguel is bringing forward the listing of its flagship domestic beer and packaging businesses on the Philippine stock market, according to reports....
San Miguel has authorised the listing of its flagship domestic beer and packaging businesses in the Philippine stock market....
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA president
- Interview - William Grant & Sons
- Anheuser-Busch InBev's FY Performance by Region
- just The Preview - Brown-Forman Q3 & YTD
- Diageo completes Don Julio, Bushmills swap deal
- Diageo, Beckham launch VIP pop-up for Haig Club
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Pernod Ricard sends Martell Mumm PJ head to Asia
- Pinnacle Vodka, Skinnygirl roll out on ice
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research