JAPAN: Kirin Beverage eyes sales leap - report
Kirin Beverage Corp. is targeting a healthy rise in soft drink sales in Japan this year, according to local reports.
Japanese News Digest said today (16 January) that the soft drink associate of Kirin Brewery is aiming for an 11% lift on 2006 soft drink sales, to around 204m cases. Last year, soft drink sales at Kirin rose 3% on 2005, to 184.5m cases, the news service noted.
As part of a medium-term plan at the company, Kirin Beverage hopes for a rise in sales of its five main soft drinks brands - Nama-cha green tea, Gogo-no-Kocha black tea, Fire coffee, Alkali Ion Water and Volvic mineral water - of around 12% to 145m cases.
The news digest also said that Kirin Beverage will launch more brands between March and April, but did not expand on what the new brands will be.
Japan has led the way in functional drinks and as market maturity and demographics have slowed sales, manufacturers have continued to innovate imaginatively. Jeanette Bengtsson, soft drinks manager at...
Japanese brewers Sapporo, Asahi, Kirin, Suntory and Orion have shown a second straight month of year-on-year decreases in beer shipments, according to reports....
Japan's Kirin Brewery Co. has launched its first "premium beer" brand in 14 years....
Kirin Brewery Co. aims to keep its 46.1% stake in the Australian brewer Lion Nathan, according to The Australian Financial Review....
Kirin Holdings, the umbrella company to Kirin brewery, has upgraded its forecasts for the first half of this year....
San Miguel Corp has made no further comment over its talks to sell its stake in Australian dairy and fruit juice company National Foods....
San Miguel is bringing forward the listing of its flagship domestic beer and packaging businesses on the Philippine stock market, according to reports....
San Miguel has authorised the listing of its flagship domestic beer and packaging businesses in the Philippine stock market....
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- Interview- Veltins export manager Udo Bruns
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- Craft Brew Alliance poised for AB InBev takeover?
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- Pernod deal rescues Corby's FY
- Diageo's Guinness Rye Pale Ale - NPD
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages