JAPAN: Kirin announces happoshu price cut
Japanese brewer, Kirin Brewery Co., has said it will cut the price of its flagship happoshu brand, "Tanrei" from June 21. The price of a 350ml can of Tanrei will go down by Y10 to Y135. The move follows price cuts by Asahi, Sapporo and Suntory. As the happoshu price war intensifies, Kirin has also announced it will cut the price of its "Gokunama" happoshu brand by Y5 yen to Y130. In fact, it was Kirin which triggered the happoshu price war when it announced in February that it would sell Gokunama at Y135.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- Comment - Will We Understand the Language of Rum?
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- just The Preview - Pernod Ricard's Q3 & YTD
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- Remy Cointreau US head to step down
- BrewDog launches GBP25m crowd-funding attempt
- Africa "subdued" but Heineken sees Q1 rises
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets