JAPAN: Kirin announces happoshu price cut
Japanese brewer, Kirin Brewery Co., has said it will cut the price of its flagship happoshu brand, "Tanrei" from June 21. The price of a 350ml can of Tanrei will go down by Y10 to Y135. The move follows price cuts by Asahi, Sapporo and Suntory. As the happoshu price war intensifies, Kirin has also announced it will cut the price of its "Gokunama" happoshu brand by Y5 yen to Y130. In fact, it was Kirin which triggered the happoshu price war when it announced in February that it would sell Gokunama at Y135.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- India overtakes France for Pernod Ricard
- New whisky distillery set for Edinburgh
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research