JAPAN: Kirin announces happoshu price cut
Japanese brewer, Kirin Brewery Co., has said it will cut the price of its flagship happoshu brand, "Tanrei" from June 21. The price of a 350ml can of Tanrei will go down by Y10 to Y135. The move follows price cuts by Asahi, Sapporo and Suntory. As the happoshu price war intensifies, Kirin has also announced it will cut the price of its "Gokunama" happoshu brand by Y5 yen to Y130. In fact, it was Kirin which triggered the happoshu price war when it announced in February that it would sell Gokunama at Y135.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- A tobacco analogy soft drinks will want to embrace
- PepsiCo to consider more re-franchising - CEO
- Cleaning China's seedier side brings Remy balance
- just The Preview - SABMiller's Q1
- Pernod's Portman Group penalty - a coincidence?
- Diageo's Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned
- Diageo faces public consultation over W&M sale
- William Grant silent on Drambuie bid talk
- Bacardi to fight US football team legal action
- Alcohol retailer group appoints new chairman