JAPAN: Kirin announces happoshu price cut
Japanese brewer, Kirin Brewery Co., has said it will cut the price of its flagship happoshu brand, "Tanrei" from June 21. The price of a 350ml can of Tanrei will go down by Y10 to Y135. The move follows price cuts by Asahi, Sapporo and Suntory. As the happoshu price war intensifies, Kirin has also announced it will cut the price of its "Gokunama" happoshu brand by Y5 yen to Y130. In fact, it was Kirin which triggered the happoshu price war when it announced in February that it would sell Gokunama at Y135.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part II
- just the Ten - Top Analyses of 2014
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Bacardi, Pernod Ricard welcome US-Cuba deal
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- SWA eyes London boost with new office
- United Spirits bids for distribution deal approval
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018