JAPAN: Kirin and Uni-President look for China JV
Kirin and Uni-President are to launch a joint venture in Beijing, local press reports said today. Although few details of the plan are available, it is thought that the two companies will set up the joint venture on an equal-footing basis.
Kirin, the Japanese brewer, and Uni-President, based in Taiwan, intend to use the joint venture to market new products, based on Kirin brand beverages, starting in the spring of this year.
Reports earlier this week also suggested that Kirin is looking at Asian joint venture possibilities with San Miguel.
Sectors: Beer & cider
- Pernod Ricard 's first-half results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard's H1 performance by region - Focus
- Carlsberg's Q4 & full-year results - Preview
- Heineken's FY performance by region - Focus
- Forget Baby Boomers at your peril - Consumer Trend
- Asahi Group lines up Grolsch, Meantime, Peroni buy
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Pernod Ricard targets US through unit, exec switch
- William Grant & Sons' Ailsa Bay - NPD
- Beam Suntory targets Kenya with Edrington/FIX
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research