JAPAN: Kirin aims to keep Lion Nathan Holding
Speaking last week, Kirin confirmed it was in talks with San Miguel about a potential acquisition of the company's Australian dairy and fruit juice business.
The news led to press speculation that the company may acquire the shares in Lion Nathan it doesn't already own, according to the newspaper.
"We are satisfied with the investment," the Kirin spokesman was quoted saying.
Rising raw material costs have been a feature of numerous companies' results over the past few months. As Jessica Harvey writes, some companies have been able to bolster themselves against this trend ...
Sapporo Breweries has confirmed plans to up prices for its beer and beer-like beverages....
Lion Nathan's purchase of Tasmanian brewer J. Boag & Son took a step nearer today (19 December), with the trans-Tasman drinks company gaining informal approval for the acquisition from competition aut...
China maintained the top spot in the beer league in 2006, according to recent data....
October's slight lift in beer category shipments from Japan's brewers was halted last month, according to the industry's latest figures....
Kirin Brewery and Suntory have both lined up additions to their happoshu portfolios in Japan....
Asahi Breweries is following other Japanese beer makers in raising its retail prices on the back of higher commodity costs....
South Australian brewer Coopers has booked an increase in annual profit on the back of an 8.2% lift in revenue....
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Where Beer is Brewed Can Leave a Bad Taste
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research