CHINA: Kingway completes on US$25m loan
Kingway has secured a loan to help expand its business, but remains shy of its reported borrowing target.
The brewer, which is the second largest in China's Guangdong Province, said yesterday (8 November) that it has secured a HK$200m (US$25.6m) loan that will help with business expansion and working capital. The name of the lender was not disclosed.
The bank loan, which is on a 48-month term, is conditional on either Guangdong Holdings or Heineken-APB (China) holding at least 51% of Kingway. Guangdong already controls 52%, while Heineken-APB hold 21%.
Last month, local reports claimed that Kingway had invited seven banks to consider a HK$400m loan over four to five years.
Heineken-APB is a joint venture between Asia Pacific Investment (API) and Asia Pacific Breweries. API is a holding company jointly-owned by the Dutch brewing giant and Singapore-based conglomerate Fraser and Neave.
Nils S. Andersen has overseen something of a turnaround at Carlsberg since taking over as president and CEO in 1999 but he is determined to keep his and the company's feet on the ground. Dean Best met...
EU accession was a big shock to the domestic drinks industries of the new EU members, opening up their markets to greater competition, but it also provided a potential boon to exports. Three years on,...
Asia Pacific Breweries has appointed five new senior staff to head up its management team....
SABMiller's Colombian beer unit has been slapped with an antitrust probe in the country....
Mexican beverage group Fomento Economico Mexicano (FEMSA) has launched a non-alcoholic beer in the Mexican market, according to local reports....
Heineken and FEMSA have extended their import and distribution agreement in the US....
Kingway Brewery has posted slides in both sales and profit for last year....
Skyy Vodka has unveiled a tie-up with The Independent Film Channel (IFC) in the US....
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Fireball Recall: Putting Out Fire with Anti-Freeze
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Interview: Distell Vineyards & Estates' CEO
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- William Grant unveils bespoke Glenfiddich website
- Diageo unveils Ciroc in Times Square push
- NPD - DeLeon Tequila's Platinum and Reposado
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research