UK: Kingfisher Beer switches to Heineken for UK brewing
Heineken will also distribute Kingfisher Beer in the UK
Heineken is to start brewing Kingfisher Beer for the UK market from October, taking over from Shepherd Neame.
Heineken will also handle UK sales and distribution for the brand, Kingfisher Beer Europe said today (19 April). The deal brings to an end Kingfisher's current deal with Kent brewer Shepherd Neame.
Kingfisher CEO Damon Swarbrick said the company will continue to market Kingfisher and support its UK clients. “We are looking forward to working with Heineken to develop the significant opportunity that exists in the UK market,” Swarbrick said.
Heineken said the deal will help boost its world beer portfolio in the UK. Financial details of the new tie-up were no disclosed.
The Dutch brewer last month unveiled a “multi-million pound” TV advertising campaign around its Bulmers cider brand in the UK.
Earlier this week, analysts at UBS released their latest 'Beeronomics' research note, looking at the global beer landscape. Here, courtesy of UBS, is a breakdown of the top 25 beer markets around the ...
Two entities expressed "serious interest" in buying collapsed wholesaler Waverley TBS after it called in administrators last year, it has emerged. ...
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- The Cognac Category - Everything you need to know
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Edrington readies Americas, GTR exec switches
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- High-end Cognac making recovery in China - Pernod
- "Beer and weed are complements" - analyst
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends