UK: Kingfisher Beer switches to Heineken for UK brewing
Heineken will also distribute Kingfisher Beer in the UK
Heineken is to start brewing Kingfisher Beer for the UK market from October, taking over from Shepherd Neame.
Heineken will also handle UK sales and distribution for the brand, Kingfisher Beer Europe said today (19 April). The deal brings to an end Kingfisher's current deal with Kent brewer Shepherd Neame.
Kingfisher CEO Damon Swarbrick said the company will continue to market Kingfisher and support its UK clients. “We are looking forward to working with Heineken to develop the significant opportunity that exists in the UK market,” Swarbrick said.
Heineken said the deal will help boost its world beer portfolio in the UK. Financial details of the new tie-up were no disclosed.
The Dutch brewer last month unveiled a “multi-million pound” TV advertising campaign around its Bulmers cider brand in the UK.
Heineken, the world’s third largest brewer and leading cider producer, continued its aggressive acquisitive expansion in 2012 with the purchase of Asia Pacific Breweries. This profile considers the ex...
Earlier this week, analysts at UBS released their latest 'Beeronomics' research note, looking at the global beer landscape. Here, courtesy of UBS, is a breakdown of the top 25 beer markets around the ...
Comprising of textual analysis and data tables, this in-depth and exclusive country report from Canadean provides a comprehensive view of the cider industry structure including analysis and profiles o...
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Pernod takes positives from China Cognac bounce
- Comment - Diageo Spins the Guinness Wheel... Again
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Kraft Foods agrees Heinz merger
- Chilli targets beer with Rekorderlig Dry Apple
- Coca-Cola Amatil names new CFO
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly