UK: Kingfisher Beer switches to Heineken for UK brewing
Heineken will also distribute Kingfisher Beer in the UK
Heineken is to start brewing Kingfisher Beer for the UK market from October, taking over from Shepherd Neame.
Heineken will also handle UK sales and distribution for the brand, Kingfisher Beer Europe said today (19 April). The deal brings to an end Kingfisher's current deal with Kent brewer Shepherd Neame.
Kingfisher CEO Damon Swarbrick said the company will continue to market Kingfisher and support its UK clients. “We are looking forward to working with Heineken to develop the significant opportunity that exists in the UK market,” Swarbrick said.
Heineken said the deal will help boost its world beer portfolio in the UK. Financial details of the new tie-up were no disclosed.
The Dutch brewer last month unveiled a “multi-million pound” TV advertising campaign around its Bulmers cider brand in the UK.
Earlier this week, analysts at UBS released their latest 'Beeronomics' research note, looking at the global beer landscape. Here, courtesy of UBS, is a breakdown of the top 25 beer markets around the ...
Two entities expressed "serious interest" in buying collapsed wholesaler Waverley TBS after it called in administrators last year, it has emerged. ...
- Pernod Ricard 's first-half results - Preview
- Carlsberg's Q4 & full-year results - Preview
- Key trends for beer in 2016 - Focus
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- The global beer category - The facts
- Asahi Group lines up Grolsch, Meantime, Peroni buy
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Beam Suntory targets Kenya with Edrington/FIX
- SABMiller's Europe chief to join Britvic board
- Asahi Group to buy Grolsch, Peroni from SABMiller
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research