UK: Kingfisher Beer switches to Heineken for UK brewing
Heineken will also distribute Kingfisher Beer in the UK
Heineken is to start brewing Kingfisher Beer for the UK market from October, taking over from Shepherd Neame.
Heineken will also handle UK sales and distribution for the brand, Kingfisher Beer Europe said today (19 April). The deal brings to an end Kingfisher's current deal with Kent brewer Shepherd Neame.
Kingfisher CEO Damon Swarbrick said the company will continue to market Kingfisher and support its UK clients. “We are looking forward to working with Heineken to develop the significant opportunity that exists in the UK market,” Swarbrick said.
Heineken said the deal will help boost its world beer portfolio in the UK. Financial details of the new tie-up were no disclosed.
The Dutch brewer last month unveiled a “multi-million pound” TV advertising campaign around its Bulmers cider brand in the UK.
Earlier this week, analysts at UBS released their latest 'Beeronomics' research note, looking at the global beer landscape. Here, courtesy of UBS, is a breakdown of the top 25 beer markets around the ...
Two entities expressed "serious interest" in buying collapsed wholesaler Waverley TBS after it called in administrators last year, it has emerged. ...
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts