NEW ZEALAND: Kim Crawford Wines switches chief winemaker
A new winemaker for Kim Crawford Wines
New Zealand wine firm Kim Crawford Wines has confirmed a change of chief winemaker.
The company, which is owned by Constellation Brands, confirmed last week that Anthony Walkenhorst has replaced Matt Large in the role. Large had assumed winemaking responsibilities in 2007 from Kim Crawford himself.
When contacted by just-drinks last week, a spokesperson for Kim Crawford Wines said: “After eight years with Kim Crawford, Matt accepted another position at a NZ winery.” The spokesperson did not detail further.
Walkenhorst has been with Kim Crawford Wines since 2005, and was based at the Riverlands Winery in Blenheim. Prior to joining Kim Crawford Wines, he worked harvests in Australia (Barossa Valley), the US (Napa Valley) and Canada (Ontario).
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- Diageo's United Spirits stays in red in YTD
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- Anheuser-Busch to cut 60 bottling jobs
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review