NEW ZEALAND: Kim Crawford readies Loveblock for NZ, US
New Zealand winemaker Kim Crawford has marked the expiration of his restraint-of-trade period with the release of a new wine brand in the country.
With his wife, Erica, Crawford has launched the Loveblock range in New Zealand. The brand, which comprises four varietals including a Riesling and a Gewurztraminer. A Pinot Noir is set to follow, with all expressions sourced from the couple's 85 hectares of vineyard on the hills overlooking the Awatere Valley in Marlborough, on New Zealand's south island.
Crawford was bound by a restraint-of-trade clause after he sold his namesake brand to Vincor International in 2003. The brand is now owned by Constellation Brands after the US-based company acquired Vincor in 2006.
The abv of the varietals vary from 12% for the Riesling to 14% for the Gewurztraminer. Retail price in New Zealand is around NZD24 (US$20) per bottle for the whites and NZD40 for the Pinot Noir.
The wines will also be available in the US, with Terlato International handling distribution. Links with distributors in Europe are yet to be finalised.
Global Wine industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2008-12, and forecast to 2017). The profile also ...
The company faced a period of uncertainty at the end of 2012 regarding its future in the midst of A-B InBev and Constellation Brands’ merger discussions. Eventually, in February 2013, all parties reac...
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - Beer - Does 'Craft' Work?
- Solving the diet drinks dilemma in the US
- SABMiller, Meantime Brewing say goodbye to 'craft'
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo opens Johnnie Walker House in Singapore
- Emperador overhauls Whyte & Mackay labels
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Soaring Prosecco sales good for Champagne
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report