Product Launch - UK/ONLINE: Kilchoman's Kilchoman 2007 Vintage
Click through to view Kilchoman's Kilchoman 2007 Vintage
Kilchoman's Kilchoman 2007 Vintage
Category - Spirits, whisky, Scotch, Islay, single malt, 46% abv
Available - From 7 October, limited to 10,000 units
Location - UK, off-trade, in selected specialist whisky outlets and online at www.kilchomandistillery.com
Price - RRP of GBP52.99 (US$85) per 70cl bottle
Kilchoman has lined up the launch of its oldest expression to date. The 2007 iteration will be limited to 10,000 units.
Earlier this year, the privately-owned distillery released the third edition of its 100% Islay single malt.
Islay’s independent farm distillery, Kilchoman, is to release the oldest whisky to date. Only 10,000 bottles of the limited edition 2007 Vintage will be made available worldwide and it is expected to sell quickly.
With a smoky vanilla and caramel nose with cooked lemon and citrus fruits, the 2007 Vintage is smooth in the mouth with hints of butterscotch and soft citrus fruit, complimented by a lasting sweetness that blends with the peaty and fruity finish.
Anthony Wills, managing director of Kilchoman, said: “This is an exciting development and sees us enter a long-awaited period in our history. Although we’re a relatively young distillery our Vintage six-year-old shows a level of maturity normally associated with much older whisky. We predict that this will sell quickly and hope Kilchoman followers share in our excitement in the development of our malt.”
Kilchoman’s portfolio now includes Machir Bay, Loch Gorm and a new edition of 100% Islay which is the only Single Malt in Scotland where every stage of the whisky making process, from the barley grown in the surrounding fields to the malting, distillation, maturation and bottling, takes place at the distillery.
With an ambition to take whisky production back to its traditional roots, Anthony Wills built and founded Kilchoman Distillery in 2005 on a farm situated on the rugged west coast of Islay. The first distillery on the island for 124 years, Kilchoman is one of the smallest distilleries in Scotland and one of only a handful left that still practise the traditional floor malting method.
The 2007 Vintage bottled at 46% ABV will be available from 7 October from specialist drinks and whisky stores, priced at RRP of £52.99, 70cl. Available from www.kilchomandistillery.com and from specialist whisky shops worldwide.
Original source: Company Release
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- Drinkable yogurt - The next drinks opportunity
- Coca-Cola India suspends bottling operations
- Has Diet Coke passed its sell-by date? - Comment
- Diageo brands need "fixing and nurturing" - TWE
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- Diageo's Guinness Rye Pale Ale - NPD
- Pernod Ricard wins Ron Matusalem 'Cuba' legal row
- Work begins on Glasgow distillery
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages