Product Launch - GLOBAL: Kilchoman's Kilchoman 100% Islay Third Edition
Kilchoman launches the third edition of its 100% Islay concept
Kilchoman's Kilchoman 100% Islay Third Edition
Category - Spirits, whisky, Scotch, Islay, single malt, 50% abv
Available - From this month
Location - Available from the company website. UK stockists include Royal Mile Whiskies, The Whisky Shop, The Whisky Exchange and Master of Malt
Price - RRP of GBP49.95 (US$74) per 70cl bottle
Privately-owned Kilchoman has lined up the release of the latest iteration of its 100% Islay concept.
The third edition comprises spirit that has been vatted in four- and five-year-old new Bourbon barrels. A total of 10,000 bottles will be available.
The first expression in the 100% Islay range was released two years ago.
Islay’s independent farm distillery, Kilchoman, is proud to release the latest edition to its popular 100% Islay range.
100% Islay is unique in that it is the only Single Malt in Scotland where every stage of the whisky making process, from the barley grown in the surrounding fields to the malting, distillation, maturation and bottling, takes place at the distillery.
As the 3rd Edition of Kilchoman’s 100% Islay, the Single Malt is a vatting of four and five year old fresh bourbon barrels. Only 10,000 bottles of the limited edition will be available worldwide and are expected to sell quickly.
With a delicate and floral nose of soft fruits and pear drops, 100% Islay goes on to explode with peat smoke in the mouth, complimented by a long, sweet and lingering finish that blends with the softer tones of peat smoke.
Anthony Wills, managing directorof Kilchoman,said: “The previous two editions of the 100% Islay range were extremely well-received and we’re delighted with the way the Single Malt’s character is developing. The range is unique in that every stage of production, from barley grown to the hand-bottling takes place at Kilchoman. As a traditional working-farm distillery, 100% Islay epitomises what we’re all about.”
As with the two other core ranges in Kilchoman’s portfolio, Machir Bay and Loch Gorm, a new edition of 100% Islay is periodically released as the whisky matures. A number of limited edition single casks are also released each year.
With an ambition to take whisky production back to its traditional roots, Anthony Wills built and founded Kilchoman Distillery in 2005 on a farm situated on the rugged west coast of Islay. The first distillery on the island for 124 years, Kilchoman is one of the smallest distilleries in Scotland and one of only a handful left that still practice the traditional floor malting method.
100% Islay is bottled at 50% ABV and is now available from specialist drinks and whisky stores, priced at RRP of £59.95, 70cl. Available from www.kilchomandistillery.com UK stockists include RoyalMileWhiskies, The Whisky Shop and The Whisky Exchange.
Original source: Company Release
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Pernod takes positives from China Cognac bounce
- Sustainability: What Craft Teaches Multi-Nationals
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Kraft Foods agrees Heinz merger
- Anheuser-Busch InBev lines up new chairman
- Chilli targets beer with Rekorderlig Dry Apple
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014