Product Launch - UK: Kilchoman Distillery Co's Machir Bay
Click through to view Kilchoman Distillery Co's Machir Bay
Kilchoman Distillery Co's Machir Bay
Category - Spirits, whisky, Scotch, Islay, single malt, 46% abv
Available - From tomorrow (22 February)
Location - UK, from specialist whisky retailers
Price - SRP of GBP38.50 (US$60.90) per bottle
Distribution - Gordon MacPhail
Kilchoman Distillery has lined up the launch of its first general release whisky since it started production almost seven years ago.
The Islay-based company will release Machir Bay, a vatting of 3-, 4- and 5-year-old whisky matured in fresh Bourbon barrels, tomorrow. The product, which is finished in Oloroso Sherry butts for eight weeks, will be available throughout 2012.
“Machir Bay … will give continuity of supply to our customers around the world,” said Kilchoman's MD, Anthony Wills. “Each year we will add more mature malt to the vatting.”
Machir Bay is the name of a beach close to the distillery on Islay.
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- Diageo " knew United Spirits would be complicated”
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Bacardi creates Bacardi rum marketing role
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research