Product Launch - UK: Kilchoman Distillery Co's Machir Bay
Click through to view Kilchoman Distillery Co's Machir Bay
Kilchoman Distillery Co's Machir Bay
Category - Spirits, whisky, Scotch, Islay, single malt, 46% abv
Available - From tomorrow (22 February)
Location - UK, from specialist whisky retailers
Price - SRP of GBP38.50 (US$60.90) per bottle
Distribution - Gordon MacPhail
Kilchoman Distillery has lined up the launch of its first general release whisky since it started production almost seven years ago.
The Islay-based company will release Machir Bay, a vatting of 3-, 4- and 5-year-old whisky matured in fresh Bourbon barrels, tomorrow. The product, which is finished in Oloroso Sherry butts for eight weeks, will be available throughout 2012.
“Machir Bay … will give continuity of supply to our customers around the world,” said Kilchoman's MD, Anthony Wills. “Each year we will add more mature malt to the vatting.”
Machir Bay is the name of a beach close to the distillery on Islay.
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- 5 reasons why Constellation's Meiomi buy works
- NPD: The Clear Soft Drink Trend is Back
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Pernod Ricard allays Havana Club shortage fears
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research