Product Launch - GLOBAL: Kilchoman Distillery Co's Kilchoman Machir Bay 2013
Click through to view Kilchoman Distillery Co's Kilchoman Machir Bay 2013
Kilchoman Distillery Co's Kilchoman Machir Bay 2013
Category - Spirits, whisky, Scotch, Islay, single malt, 46% abv
Available - From 4 March
Location - Globally, through import partners, on- and off-trade
Price - In UK, RRP of GBP39.99 (US$60.65) per 75cl bottle
Distribution - Not specified
Kilchoman Distillery Co has lined up the launch of its latest annual Machir Bay Scotch whisky expression.
Machir Bay 2013 comprises a mix of 4- and 5-year-old ex-Bourbon casks, with the 4-year casks being finished in Oloroso Sherry butts for four weeks prior to bottling.
The launch marks the second outing for Machir Bay, which is named after a beach close to the distillery on Islay.
Kilchoman distillery has announced their latest release; Machir Bay 2013 which will be available from the 4th of March. The Machir Bay range is Kilchoman’s core expression, first launched in 2012 when it won the prestigious IWSC 2012 Gold Medal – Best in Class. Bottled once a year, each release contains more mature whisky each year allowing Kilchoman fans to follow the development of the unique Kilchoman malt as it matures. Machir Bay 2013 is a vatting of 4 and 5 year old ex-bourbon casks, with the 4 year casks being finished in Oloroso sherry butts for 4 weeks prior to bottling.
John MacLellan, Kilchoman Distillery Manager: “The 2013 Machir Bay displays further evolution of the 2012 release, showing more maturation flavours from the excellent cask regime and is softer and more rounded with lovely creamy mouth- filling flavours.
Anthony Wills, Kilchoman Managing Director: “Sales of Machir Bay 2012 far exceeded our expectations so we hope people will be equally impressed with this year’s more mature offering”
Machir Bay 2013 is bottled at 46% ABV and is available to buy from www.kilchomandistillery.com and specialist whisky retailers worldwide priced at £39.99 RRP in the UK.
Original source: Company Release
- Heineken goes from strength to strength - Analysis
- Treasury Wine Estates CEO - Interview Pt II
- Treasury Wine Estates CEO - Interview Pt I
- Key trends for the alcohol category in 2017
- The just-drinks Analyst
- Rum braced for falling volumes in years ahead
- Non-alcoholic Heineken set to hit Europe - CEO
- Beam Suntory boosts top-line in 2016 - results
- Beam Suntory revamps Bowmore whisky packaging
- Molson Coors hit by US$500m write-down in Canada
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends