Product Launch - GLOBAL: Kilchoman Distillery Co's Kilchoman Machir Bay 2013
Click through to view Kilchoman Distillery Co's Kilchoman Machir Bay 2013
Kilchoman Distillery Co's Kilchoman Machir Bay 2013
Category - Spirits, whisky, Scotch, Islay, single malt, 46% abv
Available - From 4 March
Location - Globally, through import partners, on- and off-trade
Price - In UK, RRP of GBP39.99 (US$60.65) per 75cl bottle
Distribution - Not specified
Kilchoman Distillery Co has lined up the launch of its latest annual Machir Bay Scotch whisky expression.
Machir Bay 2013 comprises a mix of 4- and 5-year-old ex-Bourbon casks, with the 4-year casks being finished in Oloroso Sherry butts for four weeks prior to bottling.
The launch marks the second outing for Machir Bay, which is named after a beach close to the distillery on Islay.
Kilchoman distillery has announced their latest release; Machir Bay 2013 which will be available from the 4th of March. The Machir Bay range is Kilchoman’s core expression, first launched in 2012 when it won the prestigious IWSC 2012 Gold Medal – Best in Class. Bottled once a year, each release contains more mature whisky each year allowing Kilchoman fans to follow the development of the unique Kilchoman malt as it matures. Machir Bay 2013 is a vatting of 4 and 5 year old ex-bourbon casks, with the 4 year casks being finished in Oloroso sherry butts for 4 weeks prior to bottling.
John MacLellan, Kilchoman Distillery Manager: “The 2013 Machir Bay displays further evolution of the 2012 release, showing more maturation flavours from the excellent cask regime and is softer and more rounded with lovely creamy mouth- filling flavours.
Anthony Wills, Kilchoman Managing Director: “Sales of Machir Bay 2012 far exceeded our expectations so we hope people will be equally impressed with this year’s more mature offering”
Machir Bay 2013 is bottled at 46% ABV and is available to buy from www.kilchomandistillery.com and specialist whisky retailers worldwide priced at £39.99 RRP in the UK.
Original source: Company Release
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Are we kidding ourselves over craft spirits?
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Diageo, Treasury Wine Estates quiet on wine sale
- Former Pernod Ricard exec joins Wakefield Wines
- Inver House Distillers posts FY profits leap
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research