Product Launch - GLOBAL: Kilchoman Distillery Co's Kilchoman Machir Bay 2013
Click through to view Kilchoman Distillery Co's Kilchoman Machir Bay 2013
Kilchoman Distillery Co's Kilchoman Machir Bay 2013
Category - Spirits, whisky, Scotch, Islay, single malt, 46% abv
Available - From 4 March
Location - Globally, through import partners, on- and off-trade
Price - In UK, RRP of GBP39.99 (US$60.65) per 75cl bottle
Distribution - Not specified
Kilchoman Distillery Co has lined up the launch of its latest annual Machir Bay Scotch whisky expression.
Machir Bay 2013 comprises a mix of 4- and 5-year-old ex-Bourbon casks, with the 4-year casks being finished in Oloroso Sherry butts for four weeks prior to bottling.
The launch marks the second outing for Machir Bay, which is named after a beach close to the distillery on Islay.
Kilchoman distillery has announced their latest release; Machir Bay 2013 which will be available from the 4th of March. The Machir Bay range is Kilchoman’s core expression, first launched in 2012 when it won the prestigious IWSC 2012 Gold Medal – Best in Class. Bottled once a year, each release contains more mature whisky each year allowing Kilchoman fans to follow the development of the unique Kilchoman malt as it matures. Machir Bay 2013 is a vatting of 4 and 5 year old ex-bourbon casks, with the 4 year casks being finished in Oloroso sherry butts for 4 weeks prior to bottling.
John MacLellan, Kilchoman Distillery Manager: “The 2013 Machir Bay displays further evolution of the 2012 release, showing more maturation flavours from the excellent cask regime and is softer and more rounded with lovely creamy mouth- filling flavours.
Anthony Wills, Kilchoman Managing Director: “Sales of Machir Bay 2012 far exceeded our expectations so we hope people will be equally impressed with this year’s more mature offering”
Machir Bay 2013 is bottled at 46% ABV and is available to buy from www.kilchomandistillery.com and specialist whisky retailers worldwide priced at £39.99 RRP in the UK.
Original source: Company Release
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- Diageo's United Spirits stays in red in YTD
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages