Product Launch - GLOBAL: Kilchoman Distillery Co's Kilchoman Loch Gorm
Click through to view Kilchoman Distillery Co's Kilchoman Loch Gorm
Kilchoman Distillery Co's Kilchoman Loch Gorm
Category - Spirits, whisky, Scotch, single malt, Islay, 46% abv
Available - From 8 April
Location - Globally from Kilchoman's distribution partners and online
Price - RRP of US$90 per bottle, limited to 10,000 bottles
Distribution - Kilchoman
Kilchoman Distillery Co has lined up a limited run of a new range of Scotch whiskies. The first release of Kilchoman Loch Gorm, which is limited to 10,000 units, has been matured for five years in Oloroso Sherry butts before being finished in Oloroso Sherry hogsheads for six weeks.
The Loch Gorm range, named after a loch located near the Kilchoman distillery on the island of Islay, will be “re-released as a more mature version with each bottling differentiated by distillation and bottling years printed on the label”, the company said.
Production at the green-field Kilchoman distillery started in late-2005, with the inaugural single malt launching in 2009.
Kilchoman have announced the launch of an entirely new range called Loch Gorm. Named after a famously peaty loch at the end of the Kilchoman drive, Loch Gorm will be the only fully ex-sherry cask matured release from Kilchoman.
As with the two other ranges in Kilchoman’s portfolio, Loch Gorm will be periodically re-released as a more mature version with each bottling differentiated by distillation and bottling years printed on the label.
This, the first release of Loch Gorm was matured in Oloroso sherry butts for over 5 years and finished in Oloroso sherry hogsheads for six weeks to give added depth of colour and character.
Anthony Wills, Kilchoman Managing Director “'previous sherry matured Kilchomans have been very popular with our customers and I'm sure this will be as equally well received. It shows wonderful balance between the peat smoke and spicy rich flavours typical of sherry cask maturation.”
Loch Gorm is bottled at 46% ABV and will be available from Kilchoman’s distribution partners worldwide and at www.kilchomandistillery.com from 08/04/13 priced at RRP of £56/€67/$90. This is a limited release of 10,000 bottles worldwide.
Original source: Company Release
- What's so special about Islay anyway? - Comment
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- What do Bourbon and craft beer have in common?
- Alcohol industry warning over Kroger plan
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- Diageo's Orphan Barrel The Gifted Horse - NPD
- Suntory bids for Lucozade, Ribena Nigerian network
- American rye whiskey sales leap 600% in five years
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research