USA: Kendall-Jackson Winery Founder retires
Nearly two decades after first contemplating retirement from the law to a life as a gentleman farmer, Kendall-Jackson Winery Founder and Chairman Jess S. Jackson has finally gotten his wish and retired as Chairman of the Board of Kendall-Jackson Wine Estates. Barbara R. Banke, Jackson's wife and co-founder of the winery, has been appointed Chair for what is now known as Kendall-Jackson Wine Estates, encompassing not only Kendall-Jackson, but several other prominent California wineries, including La Crema, Pepi and Edmeades. Jackson, 70, said he intends to fully retire from service as a board director by year's end, closing the door on a second career that changed the face of the American wine industry.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- Are we about to see a no-alcohol Heineken?
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- A-B InBev's Global Presence - just The Facts
- Concha y Toro's H1 performance - Focus
- Heineken integrates cider and beer
- Diageo strengthens Charmer Sunbelt distribution
- “New normal” sees Pernod target premium in China
- Pernod Ricard keen to stem Absolut US declines
- Minimum unit pricing fails to get European backing
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research