USA: Kendall-Jackson Winery Founder retires
Nearly two decades after first contemplating retirement from the law to a life as a gentleman farmer, Kendall-Jackson Winery Founder and Chairman Jess S. Jackson has finally gotten his wish and retired as Chairman of the Board of Kendall-Jackson Wine Estates. Barbara R. Banke, Jackson's wife and co-founder of the winery, has been appointed Chair for what is now known as Kendall-Jackson Wine Estates, encompassing not only Kendall-Jackson, but several other prominent California wineries, including La Crema, Pepi and Edmeades. Jackson, 70, said he intends to fully retire from service as a board director by year's end, closing the door on a second career that changed the face of the American wine industry.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- The post-Brexit winners and losers - Analysis
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- Can fruit cider survive UK slowdown? - Focus
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- Ex-William Grant CEO Stella David re-joins Bacardi
- UK spirits producers braced for Brexit impact
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends