USA: Kendall-Jackson Wine Estates Names New Chief Marketing Officer
At Kendall-Jackson, he will coordinate U.S. marketing efforts for estate wineries in California, South America and Italy, including such well-known brands as Kendall-Jackson, Camelot, La Crema, Edmeades, Pepi, Calina and Tapiz.
For most of the past decade he was a key executive for Australia's Southcorp, first as Executive General Manager for Southcorp Wines and, later, as GM for Southcorp's Appliance division, where he led a turn-around effort and successfully divested the business, and finally, as GM for Southcorp's Clean Air Systems group.
The Australian Financial Review said recently that Southcorp had lost "one of its rising management stars" with Grant's move to KJWE.
His industry experience includes stints with Lion Nathan International, the largest brewer and distributor of beer in Australasia (Australia and New Zealand), and with Cascade Brewing Company and Consolidated Liquor.
Grant was a member of the successful Sydney 2000 Olympic bid committee, and attended both Melbourne University and Harvard University. The Australian Marketing Institute named him "Marketer of the Year" in 1996 for his work with Southcorp's l8 wine brands, which, under his direction expanded to sales of 12 million cases in 60 countries.
Kendall-Jackson Wine Estates produces some of America's favorite wines from True Coast(TM) vineyards in California, including wines from Kendall-Jackson, La Crema, Pepi, Edmeades, Camelot and, from South America, Calina from Chile and Tapiz from Argentina.
Companies: Lion Nathan
After some less than successful diversification in recent years, Lion Nathan is focusing its attentions back on beer and winning the approval of analysts in the process. The company looks set to gain ...
Integrating spirits, wine and beer has proved problematic for major drinks groups over the years but expansionary moves by the two major Australian brewers, Foster's Group and Lion Nathan, suggest tha...
Lion Nathan has appointed a new non-executive director....
Coopers Brewery is fighting the takeover attempt from fellow Australian brewer Lion Nathan....
Lion Nathan today announced that it intends to make an off-market offer for Coopers Brewery Ltd (Coopers). The offer of A$260 per share in cash values Coopers at A$352m....
Lion Nathan has received further assurances that it is not about to be taken over....
Lion Nathan has played down speculation that it may be the subject of a takeover....
Lion Nathan has said it is on target to reach its full-year net profit after tax forecast for 2005 of between A$230m and A$235m before one-off charges....
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- Ten questions for Diageo - Analysis
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Moet Hennessy unaffected by LVMH Dior buy
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Distell acquires majority stake in Cruz Vodka
- Portman Group heads to Tesco for new chief exec
- William Grant names Europe & NA Travel Retail head
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Craft Beer: Coming of Age or Past Its Prime?