US: Kendall Jackson to distribute Trump vodka
Drinks Americas Holdings has teamed up with Kendall Jackson to distribute its Trump Super Premium Vodka in the US.
The announcement signals Kendall Jackson's first foray into spirits marketing.
Drinks Americas said yesterday (29 August) that Kendall Jackson either owns or partners with core distributor operations in 11 US states, and has already placed its opening order.
We feel Trump Vodka will launch Kendall Jackson into the premium spirits business," said Rick Tigner, executive vice president of sales for Kendall Jackson. "The extremely high quality of the vodka is what convinced us that Trump Vodka is a long term winner, both for us as distributors and for the premium spirits consumer."
Drinks Americas will deliver its first orders of Trump Super Premium Vodka to its US customers within the next three weeks. The company also said that over 40,000 cases - with a revenue of around US$5m - are being produced to fill existing purchase orders.
In November last year, Drinks Americas signed a licensing agreement with The Trump Organization to use Donald Trump's name on the vodka. The company also markets Willie Nelson's Old Whiskey River Bourbon.
The vodka sector's capacity for growth, particularly in the US, appears unbounded, and the big spirits players are all keen to gain full advantage. Major companies have recently swooped for the Svedka...
V&S Group has decided to close its production site in the Swedish town of Sundsvall with the loss of some 80 jobs....
India's UB Group has embarked on the due diligence of long-time quarry Whyte & Mackay, just-drinks understands....
US spirits group Heaven Hill Distilleries has launched yet another addition to its stable of flavoured vodkas....
Drinks Americas Holdings is set to unveil a deluxe version of its Trump vodka in the US....
US-based Central European Distribution Corporation has today (20 February) reaffirmed plans to snap up more distributors in Poland....
Vivian Imerman, chairman and chief executive at UK distiller Whyte & Mackay, has quashed reports that he has agreed a deal to sell the company to India's UB Group. Imerman issued a robust statement af...
Pernod Ricard is toasting a strong performance in the UK off-trade over the Christmas period....
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- The threat of excess choice in beer is over-stated
- Key trends for the spirits sector in 2017 - Focus
- Signs of life in Japan's beer market - Comment
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part II
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Pernod unveils new St Patrick's Day Jameson bottle
- Premium to counter mainstream in gin - research
- Diageo faces US$68m payout after SAP court loss
- Wm Grant names Victor Jerez business director
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends