US: Kendall-Jackson to close winery
The California wine producer Kendall-Jackson is to close down Chateau du Lac, the winery from where Jess Jackson began to build the Kendall-Jackson business.
Associated Press quoted spokesman George Rose as saying: "That is where it all started," said spokesman George Rose. "We have been making wine up there in Lake County for 22 years."
Jess Jackson, KJ's owner, began work at Chateau du Lac when he was still working as an attorney in San Franscico.
However, the operation now lives in the shadow of the giant facilities the company has in Sonoma, Mendocino, Napa, Santa Barbara and Monterey counties.
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- What's in store for Super Bowl 50 - Focus
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- Carlsberg's Q4 & Full Year - Preview
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- William Grant & Sons restructures US team
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Diageo's Orphan Barrel The Gifted Horse - NPD
- Beam Suntory targets Kenya with Edrington/FIX
- Diageo's Oban Little Bay single malt Scotch - NPD
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research