US: Kendall Jackson secures leasing deal
Vintage Wine Trust has leased a vineyard to Jackson Family Investments.
The real estate investment trust said yesterday (13 July) that it has signed a ten-year lease on its Huichica Hills vineyard with JFI, which is an affiliate of Kendall Jackson Wine Estates. The lease has a base vineyard value of US$31m.
The company originally purchased the vineyard, located in the Carneros region of both Napa and Sonoma counties, for US$30m and leased the property back to Constellation Wines for a term of two years. The new lease replaces the current one, which was due to expire at the end of the year.
"We are thrilled to enter into this lease on our Huichica property with such a well-respected producer of super premium wines," said Joseph W. Ciatti, Vintage Wine Trust's chairman and CEO. "This transaction demonstrates our ability to enhance our growth strategy through improved leasing opportunities."
Norwegian wine and spirits group Arcus is mulling a takeover bid for Sweden's V&S Group, just-drinks can reveal....
Constellation Brands' Hardy Wine Company is expecting the poor Australian weather to reduce output this year by around 20%....
Constellation Brands has lowered its full-year earnings per share forecast on the back of revenue and margin pressures in the UK....
The US beer distribution joint venture between Grupo Modelo and Constellation Brands is to include the St. Pauli Girl and Tsingtao beer brands in its portfolio....
New Zealand wine producer Giesen Wines has invested NZ$3.5m (US$2.4m) on expanding its Blenheim winery and setting up a bottling plant in Christchurch....
Vincor Canada has secured a sponsorship deal with the country's Olympic and Paralympic Winter games in 2010....
The Swedish government has confirmed that it is planning to sell off V&S Group, the owner of Absolut vodka. The centre-right government, which came to power in September, officially announced today (1...
The chairman of Rémy Cointreau has insisted the French Champagne and spirits group is "not a takeover target"....
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- Paddy Irish whiskey - The Facts
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Is the wine industry confusing its consumers?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Pernod Ricard to widen Our/Vodka sales reach
- Remy Cointreau names new Travel Retail exec
- Leonardo DiCaprio joins Runa drinks board
- Pernod in talks to sell Paddy whiskey to Sazerac
- US wholesalers point to Absolut decline - report
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carbonates in India
- Consumer and Market Insights: Spirits Market in the US