GERMANY: Karlsberg in talks to sell 40% stake to top brewers
The German brewer Karlsberg has apparently confirmed that it is in talks with a number of leading international brewers about the possible sale of a 40% stake in its domestic operations. The brewer's boss Richard Weber was quoted in the German business newspaper Handelsblatt saying he was talking to Heineken, Scottish & Newcastle, South African Breweries and Coors Brewing Co about the capital increase.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Is Irish whiskey ready to recognise its potential?
- Cannabis – A clear and present danger to alcohol
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Pernod Ricard offloads Domecq brandies, wines
- Diageo strike threat postponed with fresh vote
- Diageo appoints first programmatic marketing head
- TWE renames Blossom Hill fruit wine range