GERMANY: Karlsberg in talks to sell 40% stake to top brewers
The German brewer Karlsberg has apparently confirmed that it is in talks with a number of leading international brewers about the possible sale of a 40% stake in its domestic operations. The brewer's boss Richard Weber was quoted in the German business newspaper Handelsblatt saying he was talking to Heineken, Scottish & Newcastle, South African Breweries and Coors Brewing Co about the capital increase.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Is Diageo on the Brink of a Brain Drain?
- SABMiller edges Diageo as beer trumps spirits
- Comment - Heineken's move for Pivovarna Lasko
- Will Keurig Kold come to Coca-Cola Co's Rescue?
- Focus - SABMiller's FY Sales Performance by Region
- Rémy Cointreau eyes recovery after Q4 bounceback
- Chateau Bastor-Lamontagne's So Sauternes
- Bacardi cuts jobs at Global Brands unit
- Carlsberg exec joins Diageo as Africa chief steps
- Diageo targets Millennials with DeLeon ads