NZ: Karikari Estate signs Chinese deal
New Zealand winery Karikari Estate has teamed up with a wine company in China.
Karikari Estate, based on New Zealand's north island, has secured a joint venture with Changyu Group, based in Yantai in China. The strategic alliance, called Changyu Kely Estate New Zealand, was announced today (20 December), according to local reports. Financial details were not disclosed.
The two companies will collaborate to share technical and marketing knowledge, with Changyu also being the exclusive importer and distributor for Karikari wines in China.
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Will US consolidation leave craft alcohol exposed?
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Should Boston Beer Co put up the For Sale sign?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- AB InBev snaps up Italy's Birra del Borgo
- Smirnoff Ice Electric flavours - NPD
- US craft beer to hit saturation soon - Koch
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends