JAPAN: Kanebo to sell drink unit to Asahi
Japan's Kanebo is to sell its Aichi Prefecture-based soft drink subsidiary, LB Ltd., to Asahi Breweries Ltd, a local report has said.
According to the Nihon Keizai Shimbun, the sale will be made for just under JPY10bn.
The move by Kanebo will mark the end of its involvement in the soft drinks industry.
The newspaper report said that the deal would be sealed today (31 August).
Sectors: Soft drinks
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Pernod Ricard's FY fiscal-2015 - Preview
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Pernod Ricard releases social medial guide
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research