JAPAN: Kanebo to sell drink unit to Asahi
Japan's Kanebo is to sell its Aichi Prefecture-based soft drink subsidiary, LB Ltd., to Asahi Breweries Ltd, a local report has said.
According to the Nihon Keizai Shimbun, the sale will be made for just under JPY10bn.
The move by Kanebo will mark the end of its involvement in the soft drinks industry.
The newspaper report said that the deal would be sealed today (31 August).
Sectors: Soft drinks
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - Beer - Does 'Craft' Work?
- Solving the diet drinks dilemma in the US
- SABMiller, Meantime Brewing say goodbye to 'craft'
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo opens Johnnie Walker House in Singapore
- Emperador overhauls Whyte & Mackay labels
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Soaring Prosecco sales good for Champagne
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report