US: Kahlúa adds new flavour
Kahlúa is adding to its portfolio of flavours in the US.
The Pernod Ricard-owned brand will be available in Chocolate Latte flavour in the US from this month. The addition will be offered in 'party size' ready-to-drink and 'drinks-to-go' single-serve formats, Pernod said yesterday (6 September).
"In the past year, flavoured coffee trends have exploded in the marketplace", said Dolores Concepcion-Daniels, brand manager for cordials and prepared cocktails at Pernod Ricard USA. "Kahlúa Chocolate Latte Cocktails indulge our consumers' taste for creamy, chocolate sweetness, while maintaining Kahlúa's distinctive coffee essence."
The latte flavour will be supported with point-of-sale materials including a case card, shelf talker and shelf schematic.
Kahlúa Chocolate Latte joins the other Kahlúa ready-to-drink flavours that include: Original Mudslide, White Russian, Banana Mudslide, Kappuccino, Coconut Mudslide and the other Kahlúa drinks-to-go flavours that include: White Russian, Kahlúa & Milk, B-52, Toasted Almond, Mudslide and Vanilla While Russian.
Pernod took control of Kahlúa last year when it acquired Allied Domecq. Since then, the French company has struggled with the brand, with full-year sales to the end of June falling by 8% to 2.1m cases. The company's managing director, Pierre Pringuet, said in July: "We need to rejuvenate the brand totally."
In this month's Just the Answer interview, managing director of Beam UK Adrian McKeon spoke with Olly Wehring about the future of the Maxxium partnership, Beam's relationship with the notoriously hard...
Coinciding with the publication of Diageo's first-half results, this month's just-drinks interview is with Andrew Morgan, president of Diageo's European operations. Morgan took the opportunity to expl...
The vodka sector's capacity for growth, particularly in the US, appears unbounded, and the big spirits players are all keen to gain full advantage. Major companies have recently swooped for the Svedka...
Chivas Brothers is targeting the super-premium malt whisky category with the launch of Longmorn 16-year-old....
Halewood International has secured the UK distribution rights to Lamb's Navy Rum....
Pernod Ricard has lined up a music-based sponsorship for vodka brand Stolichnaya in the UK....
Pernod Ricard has lined up a sparkling wine offering in the UK from its Montana wine brand....
Pernod Ricard is toasting a strong performance in the UK off-trade over the Christmas period....
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- Drinkable yogurt - The next drinks opportunity
- Coca-Cola India suspends bottling operations
- Has Diet Coke passed its sell-by date? - Comment
- Diageo brands need "fixing and nurturing" - TWE
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- Pernod Ricard wins Ron Matusalem 'Cuba' legal row
- Work begins on Glasgow distillery
- This week in wine & spirits on just-drinks
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages