US: Kahlúa adds new flavour
Kahlúa is adding to its portfolio of flavours in the US.
The Pernod Ricard-owned brand will be available in Chocolate Latte flavour in the US from this month. The addition will be offered in 'party size' ready-to-drink and 'drinks-to-go' single-serve formats, Pernod said yesterday (6 September).
"In the past year, flavoured coffee trends have exploded in the marketplace", said Dolores Concepcion-Daniels, brand manager for cordials and prepared cocktails at Pernod Ricard USA. "Kahlúa Chocolate Latte Cocktails indulge our consumers' taste for creamy, chocolate sweetness, while maintaining Kahlúa's distinctive coffee essence."
The latte flavour will be supported with point-of-sale materials including a case card, shelf talker and shelf schematic.
Kahlúa Chocolate Latte joins the other Kahlúa ready-to-drink flavours that include: Original Mudslide, White Russian, Banana Mudslide, Kappuccino, Coconut Mudslide and the other Kahlúa drinks-to-go flavours that include: White Russian, Kahlúa & Milk, B-52, Toasted Almond, Mudslide and Vanilla While Russian.
Pernod took control of Kahlúa last year when it acquired Allied Domecq. Since then, the French company has struggled with the brand, with full-year sales to the end of June falling by 8% to 2.1m cases. The company's managing director, Pierre Pringuet, said in July: "We need to rejuvenate the brand totally."
In this month's Just the Answer interview, managing director of Beam UK Adrian McKeon spoke with Olly Wehring about the future of the Maxxium partnership, Beam's relationship with the notoriously hard...
Coinciding with the publication of Diageo's first-half results, this month's just-drinks interview is with Andrew Morgan, president of Diageo's European operations. Morgan took the opportunity to expl...
The vodka sector's capacity for growth, particularly in the US, appears unbounded, and the big spirits players are all keen to gain full advantage. Major companies have recently swooped for the Svedka...
Chivas Brothers is targeting the super-premium malt whisky category with the launch of Longmorn 16-year-old....
Halewood International has secured the UK distribution rights to Lamb's Navy Rum....
Pernod Ricard has lined up a music-based sponsorship for vodka brand Stolichnaya in the UK....
Pernod Ricard has lined up a sparkling wine offering in the UK from its Montana wine brand....
Pernod Ricard is toasting a strong performance in the UK off-trade over the Christmas period....
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - Beer - Does 'Craft' Work?
- Solving the diet drinks dilemma in the US
- SABMiller, Meantime Brewing say goodbye to 'craft'
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo opens Johnnie Walker House in Singapore
- Emperador overhauls Whyte & Mackay labels
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Soaring Prosecco sales good for Champagne
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report